cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is there a way of converting a Creo Elements/Direct model into a ProE (.prt) format or other common format? as I am trying to get a quote from a company who are unable to read the PK2 or BD2 format

twaite
1-Newbie

Is there a way of converting a Creo Elements/Direct model into a ProE (.prt) format or other common format? as I am trying to get a quote from a company who are unable to read the PK2 or BD2 format

Is there a way of converting a Creo Elements/Direct model into a ProE (.prt) format or other common format? as I am trying to get a quote from a company who are unable to read the PK2 or BD2 format. They can also read all the common formats like .sldprt, .igs .stp .sat .ipt and .dwg etc. So a converter for any of these would be great. I have failed to find any such converters within the Creo Elements/Direct package I have.

2 REPLIES 2
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:twaite)

Hello Tony,

old question, unfortunately the same answer.
Express is a freeware version of Creo Elements Direct Modeling.
You only have the option to save Pk2 Bd2 and export Stl.
All other export possibilities have been removed to prevent the commercial use.

Below you can see the differences

Vergleich speichern laden v19 - express6.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst
(To:twaite)

The only "solution" would be to convert the BD2 and/or PK2 (=Modeling Express data) to BDL and/or PKG (=Modeling data)

Once you have the data in Modeling format, you (would) have all converters/conversions available.
However, the "Express to Modeling data conversion" service is no longer officially available - has also been discussed several times in this forum.

Top Tags