cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Model Manager (19) "Abruptly Disappear" or Crashes

AN_Ahmed
5-Regular Member

Model Manager (19) "Abruptly Disappear" or Crashes

Hello,

I have been facing this of MODEL MANAGER "abruptly closes" or "crashes" without any crash dump file - when "export" command. 

This is very annoying and troubling. Any support on this will be appreciated.

I am using Win 10 Enterprise, HP ZBOOK G3, HP ZBOOK G6 - either hardware it MODEL MANAGER [ver:19] keep failing, suddenly program closes.

Please consider to review this issue seriously

Best Regards

Ahmed

15 REPLIES 15

The first thing I would do would be to uninstall Model Manager and then install it again.  I have had similar issues in the past and the reinstallation fixed it.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
AN_Ahmed
5-Regular Member
(To:ThomasKirkman)

I have done this & in many ways - like reimage and reinstall, encounter same annoying issue

Which version of 19? for example 19m020?  There are limited compatibility with version and windows 10. M00, M010, M020 and M030 are apparently not compatible with windows 10, where as M040 and up are.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS225206&language=en&posno=1&q=win%2010&ProductFamily=CoCreate%20%26%20Creo%20Elements%2FDirect&Product=Creo%20Elements%2FDirect%20Model%20Manager%20%2F%20Drawing%20Manager&Release=19.00&source=search

AN_Ahmed
5-Regular Member

[cid:image001.png@01D5C480.9C157E90]
AN_Ahmed
5-Regular Member

I am using Rev 19.0, Datecode:M040 (19.0.4.22,23-Nov-2015), The issue of export abrupt exit still exist, and also could not find event log for reason.

This has me baffled.  Contact PTC support.

AN_Ahmed
5-Regular Member

I could not get support internally and hence I reached out to PTC community. There are quite few bugs in Creo MM, which is like a lost child within PTC

AN_Ahmed
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

I could not submit because of this :

You are currently setup with a Basic PTC.com Account that does not provide access to this area of eSupport. This means that you may have an active PTC Global Support agreement however you have not yet Upgraded your Account to reflect your Support entitlements. To access this area please Upgrade Your Account.

I do not have customer support number , etcc..as internally also we have very few persons left with lots of work and could not get enough focus to resolve.

Hello,

we have encoutered the same issue after Migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

There should be a special hidden folder on the users desktop, which is kind of some super user mode activation trigger. 

Check the desktop by showing all files including System and hidden files, find the suspicious folder and delete it.

Should be working again thereafter.

Hello,

You may try the following:
From your Model Manager client directory (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Creo Elements\Direct Model and Drawing Manager 19.0), edit the run.bat file and near the end of run.bat replace the following
"%JAVA_EXE%" %JVM_ARGS% com.osm.datamgmt.DataManager %PRODUCT_CODE% "%CONFIGDIR%" "%INSTDIR%\" > NUL 2>&1
by
"%JAVA_EXE%" %JVM_ARGS% com.osm.datamgmt.DataManager %PRODUCT_CODE% "%CONFIGDIR%" "%INSTDIR%\" > c:\Temp\run.log 2>&1
so that you'll log output and errors into the c:\Temp\run.log file.
Start again Model Manager, and after the crash, let have a look to the c:\Temp\run.log file to diagnose.
Hope this will help

AN_Ahmed
5-Regular Member
(To:lfortner)

Many Thanks for extending your support on this issue.

Due to public holidays, I am just back to office today.

After , editing the run.bat file, the crash details stored at C:\temp\run.log file as follows(also attached file):

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6a4628ed, pid=2224, tid=14312
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_40-b43) (build 1.7.0_40-b43)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (24.0-b56 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [msvcr100.dll+0x128ed]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\nisara\AppData\Local\Temp/mm_hs_err_pid2224.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

I hope you could able to advise me what should I do in my notebook in order to eliminate this annoying issue.

Hello,

It seems to me that the cause is outside Model Manager, probably located on Java. Your error reports java version 1.7.0_40. Let try to install java to 1.7.0_80 that is available from Oracle. Windows update may also help you.

AN_Ahmed
5-Regular Member
(To:lfortner)

I tried to install java 1.7.0_80 and tried, still same issue, Windows update also done. 

I uninstall all JAVA altogether, but sill "abrupt" close happened for Model Manager on clicking "export" command.

I tried to install old ver, as Creo has its own JAVA inside, same crash issue

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6a2228ed, pid=2056, tid=13280
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_40-b43) (build 1.7.0_40-b43)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (24.0-b56 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [msvcr100.dll+0x128ed]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\nisara\AppData\Local\Temp/mm_hs_err_pid2056.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

I suspected SUN Java and Windows Defender Firewall has some interaction with Creo Model Manager to cause this crash. I have uninstalled PTC Creo and re-installed as fresh installation & without any JAVA installed - also same crash happed!!!!

Publish the C:\Users\nisara\AppData\Local\Temp/mm_hs_err_pidXXXXX.log here.
It should contain a "stack trace" which will give further hints.

Root cause could  be graphics or memory - just a few guesses from an expert.

Top Tags