cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Variable Text Pattern

CR_9888056
8-Gravel

Variable Text Pattern

Is there a way to create a Variable Text Pattern? I have cosmetic text that I have patterend but I need to change each of the number values.

For example, if I have an alpha-numerical text that's been pattered 3 times, such as TB1..TB1..TB1

is there a way to change each number value to TB1..TB2..TB3?

I can't seem to find a way to change the value of each pattern instance.

Regards,

-Cory R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It seems pretty hard to direct my question to the appropriate area of the forum. Whenever I post questions on here, It doesn't give me a list choose from. Your just left guessing random words in hopes one them hits. Not sure why it's setup this way,

Anyway, I did find a way to use an Incremental Numerical Pattern method, Unfortunately it's very difficult to use. It involves using multiple parameters and relations to make it work and is way more work than it's worth. Hopefully someday PTC will put this function into Creo. 🙂

-Cory R 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Cory R

Welcome 

First of all, can you tell us in which program you want to use this?
Did you read the following before posting your question?

FriedhelmK_0-1676698336086.png

You are here in the forums that pertain to Creo Elements Direct.
So it's either Creo Elements Direct Drafting or Creo Elements Direct Modeling/Annotation in which you can find help here.
Which one does it pertain to?
Both programs, although similar, have different features.
Your question is very general and does not show what you want to achieve.

How about some screenshots?

A picture is worth 1000 words.

Best regards

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

It seems pretty hard to direct my question to the appropriate area of the forum. Whenever I post questions on here, It doesn't give me a list choose from. Your just left guessing random words in hopes one them hits. Not sure why it's setup this way,

Anyway, I did find a way to use an Incremental Numerical Pattern method, Unfortunately it's very difficult to use. It involves using multiple parameters and relations to make it work and is way more work than it's worth. Hopefully someday PTC will put this function into Creo. 🙂

-Cory R 

Top Tags