cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Integrity Webservice client - documentation

ptc-5066142
1-Newbie

Integrity Webservice client - documentation

Hello,

I have a requirement of querying the mks integrity, based on certain filed and fetch the status of that item (Development task).

I am not understanding which webservice i can use, and big confusion in supplying the required inputs...

Can you please share the documentation or sample code to query the mks system thru web services.

Appreciate your response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I got the answer to this thru Technical support team, campbell

Here is the soluation.

every field should be in brace, and when adding multiple conditions, that again should be in anotehr brace.

i.e.,

(field[ID] = 324234) or (field[ID] = 324235) - Will not work

( (field[ID] = 324234) or (field[ID] = 324235) ) - This will work.

And other thing is, for Pick types, we should pass the value associated with the text of Pick.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Venu,

There are different pdfs for each version of Integrity, but they can all be found here:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp

The name of the pdf is something like "Integrity <version> Web Services Reference" and it has all the wsdls in it.

For understanding the "generic" web services, it may also be helpful to look at the command line (CLI) reference pdfs as well, as it explains what each command is and which parameters are available for each command. The syntax changes when using the webservices rather than the command line, but the commands and parameters are similar enough for the CLI reference to be useful.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Thanks... I am using the Integrity 10. I have downloaded the WebServicesReference_Integrity_10_1.pdf.

In this i am using the webservice Integrity_10Service, to fetch the items from mks based on custom query.

i.e., getItemsByCustomQuery

I am having trouble in passing the custom query string. I need your help here in building the query string.

(field[ID] = 324234) this works....

(field[ID] = 324234) and (field[ID] = 324235) => This does not work --> how to mention the multiple IDs to look in.

even tried with contains instead of = operator.

How about if i want to refine the query and add few more conditions...what is the syntax.

Tried different possibilities, but no luck...

Basically i want to refine the query for faster lookup of items, by the fields

1) Product
2) Type

3) Dev Task Component

4) Build Type

5) Engineering Build

6) Test Case ID

Can you please explain how to frame query string in case if i want to add multiple fields like (text, pick,..etc).

Please pass me if you have any exmaples.

Appreciate your detailed response

I got the answer to this thru Technical support team, campbell

Here is the soluation.

every field should be in brace, and when adding multiple conditions, that again should be in anotehr brace.

i.e.,

(field[ID] = 324234) or (field[ID] = 324235) - Will not work

( (field[ID] = 324234) or (field[ID] = 324235) ) - This will work.

And other thing is, for Pick types, we should pass the value associated with the text of Pick.

Hi,

I am trying to implement the getItemsByCustomQuery, but I m getting error "Unable to retrieve items from custom query " my code is as below.

MKSService.getItemsByCustomQuery cusQ = new getItemsByCustomQuery();

MksIntegration.MKSService.CustomQuery qry = new CustomQuery();

MKSService.Integrity_2009Client cl = new Integrity_2009Client();

string DateStr = "2014-10-29";

qry.QueryDefinition = "Modified Date = " + DateStr;

qry.Username = "XXXXXX";

qry.Password = "XXXXXX";

string[] field1 = new string[] { "id", "Summary", "Modified Date" }; //

qry.InputField = field1;

cusQ.arg0 = qry;

getItemsByCustomQueryResponse qryRes = new getItemsByCustomQueryResponse();

qryRes = cl.getItemsByCustomQuery(cusQ);

Appreciate your response

Thanks

Top Tags