App Keys defaults
- Now stored in secure keystore
- Newly created app keys stored automatically
- On upgrated existing app keys are migrated to secure keystore
Change the app key default expiration time to 1 day
- Changed from 100 years
- UI date picker
- If date not picked now defaults to 1 day
- Carefully consider expiration
- Set to desired value at time of creation
- Scripts should carefully choose time
-Knowledge base article in the works
Edge SSL updates
C SDK TLS/SSL:
C-SDK support for OpenSSL:
- Version 1.0.2 that supports tls 1.2.
- Tomcat 8 compatible ciphers
- EMS will follow soon
- Abstraction layer &Documentation
- Path to building any SSL for supported environments
- Different version of open ssl: straight forward
- Other SSL: some expertise required
- Enables other SSL providers:
- Burden to validate on SDK developer
-Helps prevent integer overflows
Better certificate loading support
-EMS and LUA script resource can authenticate
EMS's HTTP server now defaults to requiring authentication for LSR
Overall theme: secure by default
Q: If appkey expired in 1 day, does a new one get automatically created?
A: Automatic one is not created, change the expiration date when creating the app key. When it expires - have to create a new one.
Check out the upcoming Expert Session: Understanding ThingWorx Navigate Licensing in Community "Customer Events" section.