cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Service to set Test Data in TWX Foundation to trigger Analytics Event & Job

No ratings

Use Case: You’ve published a model from Analytics Builder to Analytics Manager, and then used service CreateOrUpdateThingTemplateForModel on resource TW.AnalysisServices.ModelManagementServicesAPI. A thing created from the resulting template will have an infotable called “data” which needs to be populated in order to trigger an Analysis Event & Job.

For example you might have been following the online documentation for Analytics Manager > Working with Thing Predictor > Demo: Using Thing Predictor, link here.

This script makes it easy to create a line of test data into field "data" on your thing to trigger the analysis event & job. Also fields causalTechnique, goalName and importantFieldCount are set programmatically, these are needed for the analysis event & job.

Also this script might be useful as a general example of how to write to an infotable property on a thing.

The JavaScript code is shown here and also attached as a text file to this post:

me.causalTechnique = 'FULL_RANGE'

me.goalName = 'predict_Compressor_failure'

me.importantFieldCount = 3

// ThingPredictor.test_3f1a6a31-e388-4232-9e47-284572658a4a.InputParamsdataDataShape entry object

//var newEntry = new Object();

var params = {

infoTableName : "InfoTable",

dataShapeName : "ThingPredictor.test-integer_afebaef3-b2cf-4347-824c-a39c11ddbb4a.InputParamsdataDataShape"

};

// CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(infoTableName:STRING("InfoTable"), dataShapeName:STRING):INFOTABLE(ThingPredictor.test_3f1a6a31-e388-4232-9e47-284572658a4a.InputParamsdataDataShape)

var myInfoTable = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

// 2 - CREATE INFOTABLE ROW USING object

var newEntry = new Object();

newEntry._Pressure = 10.5; // NUMBER

newEntry._Temperature = 45.1; // NUMBER

newEntry._VibrationX = 81; // NUMBER

newEntry._VibrationY = 65; // NUMBER

//newEntry.key = 4; // STRING - isPrimaryKey = true

// 3 - ADD INFOTABLE ROW USING TO INFOTABLE

myInfoTable.AddRow(newEntry);

// 3 – PERSIST INFOTABLE TO THE THING PROPERTY ‘data’

me.data = myInfoTable;

Version history