cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Accessing Advanced Tags Channel Using Kepware Configuration API

JK_10744682
4-Participant

Accessing Advanced Tags Channel Using Kepware Configuration API

Hi all,

I have been familiarizing myself with the Kepware Configuration API, specifically creating and accessing tags from thingworx using the API. I have been able to create normal tags using the API, however, I am struggling to find out what the endpoint URL should be for advanced tags. 

I use the endpoint in the following format to get all the channels: /config/v1/project/channels

This endpoint gets me all of the channels in my Kepware environment, but I can't find where the _AdvancedTags channel is for accessing the advanced tags and creating new ones. If anyone has been able to access the _AdvancedTags through the API please let me know.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm having this issue as well.   Although I did find some access to the tag groups via "aliases" you can't get to much information about the tags.

I'm understanding from the below article that this is not possible but was submitted as a possible enhancement.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS315288?source=search

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm having this issue as well.   Although I did find some access to the tag groups via "aliases" you can't get to much information about the tags.

I'm understanding from the below article that this is not possible but was submitted as a possible enhancement.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS315288?source=search

@JK_10744682,

The reply post from EG_10288871 is correct. Currently Advanced tags are not supported through the Configuration API. Here is a link to the Kepware article on how to submit an enhancement request.

Article - CS295047 - How to open an Enhancement Request for PTC Kepware Products

Thanks,

*Chris 

Top Tags