cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Kepware store & forward functionality is not pushing all the tag updates during disconnection

SS_9981998
5-Regular Member

Kepware store & forward functionality is not pushing all the tag updates during disconnection

This is my current code of thingshape subscription
{
// then create empty infotable using the same datashape
var params = {
infoTableName : "InfoTable",
dataShapeName : "myownLoggedData.DataShape"
};

// CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(infoTableName:STRING("InfoTable"), dataShapeName:STRING):INFOTABLE(engineDS)
var result = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);
var newEntry = new Object();
newEntry.value = value; // INTEGER
newEntry.timepoint = eventData.newValue.time; // DATETIME
result.AddRow(newEntry);

me.LoggedValue = result;
me.LastLoggedValue = value;
}
}
me.LastLoggedTimepoint = eventTime;

3 REPLIES 3
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:SS_9981998)

Hello,

I don't think I can assist you on this, but I know one of my colleagues have had similar issues as described and he has a case open with PTC to try and solve it.

The issue he has been facing though is that values that have been changed during a disconnection comes all at once (as expected) but with the same timestamp (not expected).

Do you mean that you do not get ANY of the values that have been changed during the disconnection?

I will try to remember adding to this post once the case is closed to see if it might help you.

Regards,

Jens

SS_9981998
5-Regular Member
(To:jensc)

i can see that data is being stored in server at given location of staore & forward but when it connects back to thingworx, it only push the last updated value with current timestamp, 
Ultimately this feature is not working like it is actually proposed for,,, please do needful- i have also a case running for same but its been a month approx. they are not able to troubleshoot the issue still.
please do needful asap, 

What event is your subscription listening to? If by any chance, it is a DataChange event on an infotable then please note that Infotable DataChanges are not, by default, fired when the Infotable content changes. Only a change in Infotable size triggers a DataChange event. Again for this reason your property may not be updated if just value changes. If this is the case, then change the DataChange type(under Advanced) of the Infotable property from Value to Always. You might also want to look into Cache Method and Push type sections in this article.

Top Tags