cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unable to establish communication between Kepware and Kepware using OPC UA.

AnudeepYenduri
6-Contributor

Unable to establish communication between Kepware and Kepware using OPC UA.

We are trying to achieve communication from Kepware to Kepware, when i am trying to generate tags the following error is being encountered.
Failed to Connect to UA server 'opc.tcp://10.XX.XX.12:49320' for browsing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please check if you can Powershell Test-NetConnect to the device on the port KEPServerEX is trying to use.

Powershell has a built in commandlet that can help prove or disprove TCP socket connectivity
Command Syntax: Test-NetConnection [host] -Port [port number]
Example: Test-NetConnection 255.255.255.255 -Port 502
If these do not succeed this issue is networking.

I would recommend you to start with security as "None" and verify OPC UA Client configuration also as per below article. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS298913

If you are prompted to log in to view the complete article, you can use your MyKepware login credentials.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Articles:

Thanks @VladimirN  this helped in troubleshooting but didnt solve the issue, I have cross verified that all the things mentioned in the articles. Still issue remains same.

Please check if you can Powershell Test-NetConnect to the device on the port KEPServerEX is trying to use.

Powershell has a built in commandlet that can help prove or disprove TCP socket connectivity
Command Syntax: Test-NetConnection [host] -Port [port number]
Example: Test-NetConnection 255.255.255.255 -Port 502
If these do not succeed this issue is networking.

I would recommend you to start with security as "None" and verify OPC UA Client configuration also as per below article. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS298913

If you are prompted to log in to view the complete article, you can use your MyKepware login credentials.

Hi @rajskumar 

This resolved my issue and now i was able to read the tags from Kepware to Kepware.

Top Tags