cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

inherited KepServerEX 5.12 and having a host of issues

TS_11353377
3-Visitor

inherited KepServerEX 5.12 and having a host of issues

So I'm tasked with resurrecting neglected OPC connections and I'm encountering a situation where i have to use a custom interface design XML file with KepServerEX 5.12.140.0 to specify tags from Sartorius AMBR systems.

I'm also encountering an issue where the OPC UA Configuration Manager that came with KepServerEX 5.12.140.0 seems to be creating a bad URI that can't be parsed by newer software because it puts whitespace in the URI string?

'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kepware\KEPServerEX 5\plugins\connection_sharing.dll'. Reason: 'Connection sharing plug-in failed to load due to lack of driver support.'

am also encountering the following error "Unable to load plug-in DLL 

Wondering if an upgrade to 6.5 will solve my problems or if i need a more expansive license key or if i should be looking at Kepware Server instead:

if there's a driver OOB for KepServerEX if i just get a different license type that will allow me to use drivers and not just a CID XML file. Or if I upgrade to KepServerEX 6 will I get driver support and not just manual CID XML capabilities

...or if I need to license an OPC interface module from Sartorius. Or Both.

Many thanks,

TS

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TS_11353377,

A lot to unpack here. Upgrading to the latest version of KEPServerEX (v6.15) will resolve your OPC UA issues you have mentioned. The "Unable to load plug-in DLL" Error is due to the installation of the Connection Sharing plugin with a driver that does not support it. The actual warning will not cause any issue with the server, but if you would like to remove that plug-in to remove the warning here are the steps:

Re-run the KEPServerEX setup that you used to install KEPServerEX. This will momentarily take your KEPServerEX instance offline, however it will not affect your license or project file. When you are able, select the Modify option. Once you reach the screen that lets you add or remove items, expand the Plug-ins selection and then click on the Connection sharing plug-in icon and select "Entire feature will be unavailable"
Click Next then modify then finish.
Now when you re-launch KEPServerEX you will no longer get the connection sharing plug-in warning.

If your Sartorius application has an embedded OPC UA server, you could use the Kepware OPC UA Client driver to pull the data in. 

I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team to analyze your complete architectural needs. Here is a link to the login page where a ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@TS_11353377,

A lot to unpack here. Upgrading to the latest version of KEPServerEX (v6.15) will resolve your OPC UA issues you have mentioned. The "Unable to load plug-in DLL" Error is due to the installation of the Connection Sharing plugin with a driver that does not support it. The actual warning will not cause any issue with the server, but if you would like to remove that plug-in to remove the warning here are the steps:

Re-run the KEPServerEX setup that you used to install KEPServerEX. This will momentarily take your KEPServerEX instance offline, however it will not affect your license or project file. When you are able, select the Modify option. Once you reach the screen that lets you add or remove items, expand the Plug-ins selection and then click on the Connection sharing plug-in icon and select "Entire feature will be unavailable"
Click Next then modify then finish.
Now when you re-launch KEPServerEX you will no longer get the connection sharing plug-in warning.

If your Sartorius application has an embedded OPC UA server, you could use the Kepware OPC UA Client driver to pull the data in. 

I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team to analyze your complete architectural needs. Here is a link to the login page where a ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

the upgrade solved the certificate problem. thank you. CIDA config is the only way to work with the AMBR system apparently. 

Announcements

Top Tags