cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Extension to Mfg Apps

DiSiDtwin
8-Gravel

Extension to Mfg Apps

Good afternoon!
I am trying to download the Mfg Apps extension from another machine to my own. Tell me, how can this be done most quickly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:DiSiDtwin)

Hi @DiSiDtwin.

There is no option within ThingWorx to export an "extension."  Since the extension was imported initially, you should be able to obtain the .zip file for importing in your instance.  Otherwise, once you upgrade, you can use Solution Central for migrating it.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

in other words, how can I just download a ready-made Mfg Apps extension?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DiSiDtwin.

The Manufacturing Apps extension can be downloaded from the PTC Support site assuming you own an entitlement to this product:

Note:  You will need to download the version compatible with your ThingWorx version.  For example, ThingWorx Apps (includes Mfg Apps) 8.5.2 is only supported on ThingWorx 8.5.2.

For installation instructions, check here.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thank you for your answer, but my question was different.
For example, a friend of mine developed the Mfc Apps extension and added one icon to the console. How can I download this extension from his machine and import it into my own with all entities?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DiSiDtwin.

Your friend can email you the extension or post it on a file sharing site.  Any additional entities can be exported for import on another machine.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

that's the whole question. How do I export an extension?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @DiSiDtwin.

If you're running ThingWorx 8.5 or above, the best way to transfer an extension is to create a project that would include the mashup and other modeling information used in the app and publish it on Solution Central.  Then it can be deployed to another machine.  If both you and your friend work for the same organization, this should be possible.

What version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

we use ThingWorx 8.4. tell us How to do this on this version of the platform?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DiSiDtwin.

There is no option within ThingWorx to export an "extension."  Since the extension was imported initially, you should be able to obtain the .zip file for importing in your instance.  Otherwise, once you upgrade, you can use Solution Central for migrating it.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @DiSiDtwin.

If you feel the answer to your question has been provided, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags