cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

adjust the thread tables differences in CED/OSM -Machining between english and german

bklem
5-Regular Member

adjust the thread tables differences in CED/OSM -Machining between english and german

The German table contains a specification of the standard in the name, the English table does not.
This regularly causes discussions.

bklem_0-1684231908642.png

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:bklem)

Please specify which version of the program you are using.

bklem
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling (x64-edition) Revision 20.3.3.0

Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:bklem)

On my opinion, according to your screenshots, both German and English are not precise enough because two designations are missing, R and Rc.

ISO 228: Pipe threads where pressure-tight joints are not made on the threads

Example: G 1/2 for internal and external thread.

EN 10226-1: Pipe threads where pressure tight joints are made on the threads - Part 1 : taper external threads and parallel internal threads

Examples:

Taper external thread R 1/2

Parallel internal thread Rp 1/2

EN 10226-2: Pipe threads where pressure tight joints are made on the threads - Part 2 : taper external threads and taper internal threads

Examples:

Taper external thread R 1/2

Taper internal thread Rc 1/2

You are right that it is not clear.

I recommend you to post an idea on https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Elements-Direct-Ideas/idb-p/creoelementsdirectideas

To avoid any confusion, the name in the tables (German, or English, or other) should be :

G  (ISO228-1)

R  (EN 10226-1)

Rp  (EN 10226-1)

Rc  (EN 10226-1)

Not recommended to put the national prefix DIN, BS, NF, ... Based on my own experience, this is confusing for non European Union users.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Top Tags