cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Community Member Profile Updates

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Community Member Profile Updates

Last month, two new features (unsolved posts and unread discussions)  were added to the community member profiles. 

1. Unsolved Posts on the Profile Screen

The profile screen had only the 5 latest posts with a (.>) to see the full list. .

profilepage.jpg

Now you can see the 5 latest posts and the 5 last unsolved posts.  unsolvedpostslists.jpg

How might this be helpful?  As you enter multiple questions about your PTC products, you may want a quick list available to you to see your "outstanding" questions.  The best way to clear your list is to go reply to your threads and  explain how you resolved your issue.  Then, you can mark those replies as an Accepted Solution.

acceptasasolution.jpg

2. Unread Discussions Button

Some community members wanted an easy way to view discussions that they haven't yet read. We added  Unread Discussions button at the bottom of every category and sub-category page.  Category pages are the top level community pages of typically each product segment.

What is a category and subcategory page?

Category pages are directly off the main menu.

category1.jpg

Subcategory page is off the category page.

subcategory.jpg

subcategory.jpg

The Unread Discussions button is not fixed.  It will move down the page. 

unreaddiscussions.jpg

The position of the button down the page is determined by  how many "new solutions" are on the category or subcategory page.

scrolldownunreaddiscussions.jpg

Unread Discussions page now populates.

unreaddiscussionspage.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Should I be able to find the "Unread Discussions" button on this page?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/bd-p/partassemblydesign

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Dale_Rosema)

@Dale_Rosema No it will only appear on category pages not individual forums.

The option to quickly filter for unread messages only really would be highly appreciated by me.

Unfortunately the way its implemented at the moment makes it completely useless for me.

I seldom to never frequent the top level category page and always jump directly to the Mathcad forum.

I would need the button here and I would appreciate if its placed at the top (next to "Ask a question" and both much smaller) and not at the bottom of the page .

I also dislike the behaviour of being redirected to a new page when I press the button. I would rather prefer staying where I am and the page should just reload and filter for threads with unread postings. Would be much mor convenient and would feel more "natural".

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

That "Unread Discussions" page exists independently of the button on the category page and can be scoped to an individual board by changing "category-id" to "board-id". So, for example you can find your unread posts for the Mathcad board here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/board-id/PTCMathcad/tab/thread

For now, you could bookmark that link in your browser, but I will bring up adding this to the forum page in addition to the category page with the community team. We have discussed more major updates to the forum page with additional tabs or filters like you suggest that would not require navigating to a new page. There are no firm plans for this yet, but maybe later this year.

Top Tags