cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Email Notifications

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Email Notifications

I have been getting email notifications (for years), but they have stopped in the beginning of December. I have not (intentionally) changed my settings and when I checked they seemed correct. I am using gmail if that matters. Any suggestions? 

28 REPLIES 28

You may consider to post that problem in the Community Feedback section.

Maybe @Jaime_Lee  or one of the mods can help or shed some light on this.

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Ok. Thanks.

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread.

The admin will move this post to Community Feedback for better tracking and resolution.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:lee123)

Hi, @JohnRudnicki   I am checking on this issue can you and  @Werner_E and @KD_9708445  confirm that you received this move notification?

emailnotifications.jpg

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Jaime_Lee)

@JohnRudnicki   it appears that you are not subscribed to the Mathcad Forum.  

Can you "subscribe" and see if you are receiving notifications in your email?

Options> Subscribe

subscribetomathcad.jpg

@Jaime_Lee wrote:

Hi, @JohnRudnicki   I am checking on this issue can you and  @Werner_E and @KD_9708445  confirm that you received this move notification?

No, I didn't see this message. I assume it should show in the Inbox of this forum right?

Reason may be that I am not subscribed to any subforum. Basically, I don't know what the registration in a sub-forum actually means and what advantages it would have for me.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

@Werner_E   The MOVE notification should have showed up in the gmail (or other email client) inbox that is connected to your community account.  You can see what email address you are connected with on your profile screen.  The MOVE message does not show up in the inbox.   You can subscribe to entire category if you are interested in notifications for an entire category (i.e. Mathcad Forums, Mathcad Ideas...etc) Or, if you prefer to just see Ideas or Mathcad Forum you can subscribe to just those individual "Community Spaces."  Some people even want to be more specific with what shows up in their email notifications and subscribe to labels for even more "distinct" content.  It is really just preference.

Oh, I disabled every e-mail notifications to my external mail account in my settings.

I like to keep my mailbox clean and I don't want to receive any e-mails from any forum I take part in. In my understanding a forum should be self-contained. We have an inbox for PMs right here in the forum and I would expect any important message concerning tampering a posting of mine right there, regardless of whether I am subscribed somewhere or not.

E-Mails should only be necessary if for some reason I am not able to log in to the forum and so can't access the forum (e.g. when for technical reason the admin had to reset my password).

Different people - different preferences. John seems to like e-mail notifications and his is missing them.

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Yes, as Werner says, I was having MathCad notitications sent to my email  <moderator edit--removed email address>but, as of 12/10, the stopped appearing there. Following Jaime's suggestions, I did check that I am subscribed but am still not receiving notifications. I did not see, however, where I could specifically set that the notifications go to my email.  

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:JohnRudnicki)

@JohnRudnicki   Hi, I will have to investigate further.  Please in the meantime check all your spam filters on your "edu" email.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

@Werner_E   I will have to check to see if there is a way for "MOVE" notifications to go to the inbox.  It appears that the default is for "MOVE" notifications to go through the Community Mailer process to the connected email.  However, you raise a very good point!   I need some time when we have more resources to investigate this after the New Year Holiday.  Keep all these process-UI Improvements coming.  If you are asking than I am sure other community members are too!

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Ok. I did check the spam folder and it did not go there. Thanks for your help and enjoy the rest of the holiday!

Chris3
20-Turquoise

I am having this same issue. I am subscribed to the Creo boards but I am no longer getting email notifications.

Capture.PNG

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

@Jaime_Lee any updates on a resolution?

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

We have an open ticket with the vendor. @AndrewK  may reach out to you for further troubleshooting.  Would you be available to talk live if needed?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

absolutely

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

I rec'd a message from @AndrewK  but am still not getting notifications to my email account.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

They are still working on it.

DanAdler
12-Amethyst

Jumping in on this thread. I realized today that I stopped receiving notifications from this community. I'm not sure how long it's been.

DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:DanAdler)

It appears that the last email notification I received was on 11/25/2020. I was getting notifications from the Creo Elements Direct page. Could this be due to the reorganization of the page? @Jaime_Lee 

Either the number of questions posted to the community each day is not as high as it was last year or I am not getting the same feeds I was before. I still see some notices from the community, but only about 12-15 per day instead of the 25-30 I used to see. I have checked some of the main groupings for subscriptions and it says I am subscribed. Do I need to reset all of my subscriptions and the lower level groupings?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:BenLoosli)

I think traffic is down because people aren't getting the email notifications. I am still not. Still working through whether it is on PTC's end our my corporate IT spam filtering end.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

FYI for those still listening in, on my end it turned out to be a corporate email filtering issue. My company uses a company called Proofpoint and they incorrectly were blocking the mailer IPs.

I am not going to post the IP addresses here but if you message the community admins they can provide them. You can also PM me and I will give them to anyone else having the issue.

rhart
14-Alexandrite

I haven't got email notifications for a while, I didn't unsubscribe or change any notification settings. Our email filters notify any blocked incoming emails so I don't that's my particular issue, any other suggestions?

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:rhart)

Hi @rhart

I don't see anything wrong with your settings or subscriptions. Do you know when you last received a subscription notification and did you receive a notification about this post?

rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:AndrewK)

Hi @AndrewK 

The last email notification was in October 2020, I didn't get an email for your thread reply or mention.

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:rhart)

Hi @rhart 

I will open a case with the vendor that handles our subscription email notifications. They will be able to see errors we can't and provide more information. I will also private message you with some information to pass on to your IT department.

Top Tags