cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How Maple Flow Compares to Mathcad (Feedback Comments Moved)

prop_design
15-Moonstone

How Maple Flow Compares to Mathcad (Feedback Comments Moved)

i created a thread about maple flow months ago and someone deleted it without explanation. I'm surprised they have this posted. in any event, I'm curious to see what people think of it.

<Community MGMT Note:  These conversations about moving -deleting negative threads were moved from>

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/How-Maple-Flow-Compares-to-Mathcad/m-p/733113#M196201

9 REPLIES 9
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:prop_design)

"someone deleted it without explanation"

probably because it lacked 'Mathcad' in the title. We'll have to see how long this thread survives. May be longer because a number of reactions turn from Flow (that is, implicitly towards Mathcad).

Luc

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

I also had my post on Maple Flow "disappear" even though I did not praise Maple Flow in my review. 

@Derbigdog wrote:

I also had my post on Maple Flow "disappear" even though I did not praise Maple Flow in my review. 

Hmmm, its PTC's forum and so they make the rules. But I am not aware of any forum rules which would forbid to discuss other software - especially discussions on how this software compares to PTC products.

And if a posting or a whole thread is deleted, then the poster(s) sure have to be informed about that (via PM) and also about the reason why this was done - that should actually go without saying .

Maybe @Jaime_Lee  can shed some light on what from your description looks like improper censorship.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E  thank you for the call out!  The PTC Community moderators are definitely not  "heavy" handed on moderation.  The section of our Community  Terms of Service that covers "Solicitations and promotions and other commercial use" does require us to take notice and remove any overtly competitive post.  Productive-constructive conversations are always welcome on the PTC Community.  And @prop_design   I will take a look at archived posts and see which post you may be referring.  I see that one of our mods sent you a private message about one of your posts getting caught in our automatic SPAM system.  Also @Derbigdog I will check out your posts that may have ended up in SPAM.  Let's discuss this offline. 

@Jaime_Lee wrote:

@Werner_E  thank you for the call out!  The PTC Community moderators are definitely not  "heavy" handed on moderation. 

That was also my impression so far, too. So I was all the more astonished to hear from even two participants independently that their contributions had been deleted (as I understood it without further explanation).

Thanks for your response!

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Yes I was just trying to help the Community know my experiences with Maple Flow. I know it is a competitor but I certainly was not trying to promote them. I do understand anyone shilling another product on this website is should be admonished.

However, as a long time contributor, I saw many discussions comparing Mathcad to other products. I have stayed with Mathcad for over 25 years because it met my needs better than the other App's out there. I have purchased, MATLAB and SMATH but still found them wanting so I use Mathcad exclusively. 

Prime does have its short comings and they are continually discussed. But the point is we want Mathcad to be better, not condemn it or get users to go to another product. Mathcad is a serious accomplishment in the realm of engineering tools and PTC should understand that. 

i was trying to get user feedback on maple flow. i also seen other products mentioned here. after they deleted my thread and didn't tell me why, i was angry and not wanting to post anything here. i guess only certain members can post things that others can not.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

@prop_design   Please check your private messages.  I apologize that you also didn't receive the "reason notification" for your post being archived back in March.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Derbigdog)

Hi, @Derbigdog 

Thank you for sticking with Mathcad for over 25 years!  We appreciate all your contributions on the Mathcad Community!  I checked our "Post Archive" and I am unable to find another post made by you related to Maple so A) I apologize if post was removed and you did not receive a reason notification B) Are you sure that your post wasn't picked up by our SPAM queue for some reason?  I noticed the prop_design did have a post in February that got hung up in our SPAM queue.

Either way the situation didn't provide a great community experience.  Feel free to re-add your community content as long as it is objective and constructive and follows our Community Terms of Service.

Solicitations and promotions and other commercial use

• You agree not to post, or otherwise make available in PTC Community, any Content or third-party website, with the intent of harming the flow of information and/or participation in a PTC Community that is competitive with or which otherwise benefits competitors of PTC, including but not limited to promoting competing sites that provide message boards, forums, chats, blogs, etc.

@ValeryOchkov   (Original author of this post) I don't want to be in a situation where people think we are deleting or censoring content so in 24 hours, I will move the "delete-move" functionality references in this thread to our Community Feedback board to keep your conversation about Maple versus Mathcad "clean" to the topic yet  still have important community functionality-process information visible for users.

Top Tags