cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

What are friends able to see?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

What are friends able to see?

Depending on your privacy settings, the people on your Friends List can see your biography, other personal information, or online status.

Is there some way we can verify what other people are seeing?  We used to be able to do this with Jive - preview what was visible both to anonymous and to logged in users.

I've created some test content and adjusted the privacy settings accordingly, but I'm not seeing any indication that the information is actually being exposed.  How can we easily verify that our security settings are having the intended effect?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Hi TomU,

There is not currently a way to view the community as another user to verify what they are seeing, but the permissions set in My Settings > Preferences > Privacy > "Show private information in profile to" maps directly to anything added to the My Settings > Personal > Personal Information tab with the exception of the "Private Notes" field.

Top Tags