cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Practice section - Fundamental Assembly

pb_max
6-Contributor

Practice section - Fundamental Assembly

The Practice section outlines assembling a bunch of stuff that was supposedly made in other modules, but where are those items?  I can go to those folders, but they only contain the files for those classes, and they do not correlate to the items I am supposed to assemble? i.e. Air Circulator needs built, but Class files are for Belt Sander

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello there!

The practice section is a section that is included at the end of each of the five fundamental courses. The idea is for you to create the models on your local install of Creo Parametric outside of the time you are taking the course. In other words, provide you with information for you to develop a dataset to practice the skills covered in the fundamental courses on your own time. There are no files for you to access/download/etc.  The information is provided in the training guides throughout the five courses.

The practice at the end of each course builds on the previous course and follow the order of the courses outlined in the catalog:

1. Fundamentals of Solid Modeling 1
  2. Fundamentals of Solid Modeling 2
  3. Fundamentals of Assembly
  4. Fundamentals of 2D Drawing
  5. Fundamentals of Analysis

At the end of the training guide for Fundamentals of Solid Modeling 1 and 2 you will find drawings that can be used to model the parts that are then used in the practice section of Fundamentals of Assembly. The completed Assembly is then used in the practice section of the Fundamentals of 2D drawing and Fundamentals of Analysis.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

John

------
John H. Walker
PTC University
Technical Curriculum Developer
Creo Parametric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello there!

The practice section is a section that is included at the end of each of the five fundamental courses. The idea is for you to create the models on your local install of Creo Parametric outside of the time you are taking the course. In other words, provide you with information for you to develop a dataset to practice the skills covered in the fundamental courses on your own time. There are no files for you to access/download/etc.  The information is provided in the training guides throughout the five courses.

The practice at the end of each course builds on the previous course and follow the order of the courses outlined in the catalog:

1. Fundamentals of Solid Modeling 1
  2. Fundamentals of Solid Modeling 2
  3. Fundamentals of Assembly
  4. Fundamentals of 2D Drawing
  5. Fundamentals of Analysis

At the end of the training guide for Fundamentals of Solid Modeling 1 and 2 you will find drawings that can be used to model the parts that are then used in the practice section of Fundamentals of Assembly. The completed Assembly is then used in the practice section of the Fundamentals of 2D drawing and Fundamentals of Analysis.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

John

------
John H. Walker
PTC University
Creo Parametric
pb_max
6-Contributor
(To:JohnWalker-TCD)

Thanks, that set me on the correct path (sorry I forgot to reply),  ~patrick

No problem Patrick!

Glad to see you engaging with the practice!

------
John H. Walker
PTC University
Creo Parametric
Announcements

Top Tags