cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Training? No, thanks. I am too busy.

BettinaGiemsa
17-Peridot

Training? No, thanks. I am too busy.

Sounds familiar?

A friend just posted this image to his Facebook profile. When I saw it I immediately thought, let’s share with our customers on the PTC Community.

http://image-store.slidesharecdn.com/598c35fa-9c9f-11e3-936f-12313b06a873-large.jpeg 

While this image is applicable to many situations we encounter in our lives (my friend is not actually related to product development at all), it also summarizes very well one of the objections people have with training.

We often think short-term. We are busy in our daily schedules. We struggle to get our projects completed on time and, rightly so, fight off any distractions from our regular job tasks. Being asked to step back, take a training class that takes two or three full days of our work week, seems like a luxury we cannot afford.

But shouldn’t we consider the longer-term benefits of training and becoming more proficient?

Improving your skills will allow you to

• operate your software faster. No searching for the right functionality and menu items, you will just know what is there, when and how to use it.
  • use your software more efficiently. Often, there are many ways of accomplishing a task, but some might be more complicated than others.
  • establish best practices. You will be able to optimize your techniques and ways of collaborating with your peers which will result in better quality and less rework.

These are just a few examples of how your initial investment of time for training will soon return actual time savings in your daily work.

It certainly depends largely on the quality of the training and how it really addresses your role. Therefore, PTC University is offering a large variety of training that can be customized. On top, there are many different delivery options available, so you can flexibly arrange your training program to fit into your schedule.

Talk to a Training Advisor today to discuss your requirements, choose the appropriate learning path for your role and customize your learning program to your specific needs.

Bettina

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags