cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Analysis volume

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Analysis volume

Hi all,

is it possible to have an analysis volume display it's result in the model tree. Let me elaborate, i have created an analysis feature, a volume check, now, when i look to the model tree i see the newly created feature, but it has a name ANALYSIS_VOLUME_1. I have to edit definition to actually view the result each time in the future. Is there a way for the actual volume figure to appear at the side of the volume icon rather than it's name.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the model tree select Settings>Tree Columns, select Feat Params as the type, type the parameter in Name box, and add the parameter to the Displayed list. In your analysis feature make sure the parameter is checked under the feature tab.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

In the model tree select Settings>Tree Columns, select Feat Params as the type, type the parameter in Name box, and add the parameter to the Displayed list. In your analysis feature make sure the parameter is checked under the feature tab.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

Thank you Kevin, that is what i wanted to do.

Regards

John

Another question, now that i have the model tree displaying the volume figure, how do i keep it there. If i close the part down, or erase from session, then re-open it, the model tree does not show the figure anymore. If i save the settings, it would appear you have to apply them each time you open the part, is this the case? Can this setting not be a permanent feature within the model tree?

Thank you in advance

John

Hi John,

if the model tree config file is saved (with the corresponding path in the config pro) and the model is saved with the analysis it will work.

I suspect that one of these elements is not saved/ set correctly:

• model tree setup file: tree.cfg (or other name)
  • model tree setup file location setting in config pro - mdl_tree_cfg_file value: path to file above
  • part is saved after crteating volume analysis

Regards, Constantin

Once you have the model tree setup with the columns you want to show select Settings>Save Settings File to create the *.cfg file and set the mdl_tree_cfg_file option mentioned in the other post to point to the file you create.

Top Tags