cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo Agent

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Creo Agent

I have pointed creo_agent_exe_path to a shared network location where I copied the creoagent.exe folder to. In parameteric.bat, I added: set creo_agent_exe_path=x:\ptc\creoagent\agent\creoagent.exe.

Creo 4 m060 starts fine and I have access to my restricted_params.dat file, which does not work without creoagent.

But when I close the drawing, I get this pop-up. press OK and I can save my files with no issues.

Pop-up is titled: Creo Agent is not available

Text in box says: The Creo Agent did not initialize corectly. Working in this configuration is not supported becasue some functionality such as Windchill operations and embedded browser actions will not work.

It is recommended that you exit this session and check Creo Agent Installation.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I am not running Windchill with Creo 4 at this time. It is a standalone Creo 4 m060 install.

6 REPLIES 6
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:BenLoosli)

You probably need to also set CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS255889

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RandyJones)

This is my parametric.bat file:

@echo off
SET CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=X:\PTC\CreoAgent\Agent\CREOAGENT.EXE
SET CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=X:\PTC\CreoAgent\Platform\5\manifests
"x:\ptc\creo4m060\Creo 4.0\M060\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" "x:\ptc\creo4m060\Creo 4.0\M060\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf" %*

I am still getting that error message about Creo Agent did not load properly.

Th install was done on a server and then the folders copied to the X:\ptc\ shared drive.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Those look right to me.  I place our setting in the .psf file, but the end result should be the same - setting the environment variables.

// Add User specific environment or run applications below here
ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=H:\Creo 5.0\Creo 5.0.2.0\Agent\creoagent.exe
ENV=CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=H:\Creo 5.0\Creo 5.0.2.0\Platform\5\manifests

Maybe "creoagent.exe" needs to be lowercase...

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

@BenLoosli wrote:

This is my parametric.bat file:

@echo off
SET CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=X:\PTC\CreoAgent\Agent\CREOAGENT.EXE
SET CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=X:\PTC\CreoAgent\Platform\5\manifests

Your CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST  appears to be point to a Creo Parametric 5.0 platform install. My Creo Parametric 4.0 platform is this:

c:\ptc\creo_parametric-4.0\Creo\Platform\4\manifests

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:RandyJones)

Good catch.  Here's my Creo 4 settings:

ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=H:\Creo 4.0\M060\Agent\creoagent.exe
ENV=CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=H:\Creo 4.0\M060\Platform\4\manifests

Note:  I'm manually placing the 'Agent' and 'Platform' folders inside the 'M060' folder on the network.  By default Creo wants to share the agent across all builds but I prefer to keep everything related to each build together since I can easily launch different builds (or versions) from my start script and I don't want the builds/versions interfering with each other (or with the Workgroup manager.)

We moved from Creo 2.0 to Creo 4.0 M040 (shared over the network) in March this year and I had the same trouble with the creoagent. What helped was the admin guide (see below) - all the CS confused me. I have "\\" the environment entry ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH I used before for Creo 2.0 and CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST in the parametric.psf. And updated  created.reg from the installation on the server:

<creo_loadpoint>\<datecode>\<app_name>\bin\pim\xml\created.reg. The  created.reg  is given with a silent installation to the clients "regedit /s  created.reg". Our IT is using a Microsoft software distribution for this.

Bevore on the server I shared \\servername\creoapplication and connected drive letter i.e. "D:" to the share "net use 😧 \\servername\creoapplication". So the load point for all user is D:\PTC to which they are connected. Then I installed all the Creo applications to D:\PTC. The Agent and the Platform Services are installed then to there default location - in this example to D:\PTC\Creo. The environment variables are not needed in this case. The share, registry, net use and installation is taken/adapted from the former Creo 2.0 approach. New is the Installation of the Platform Agent along with the Creo Agent which is to a different location than for Creo 2.0 and not using the ENV's in the .psf file.

from the "Creo® Installation and Administration Guide" page 53:

If you access Creo applications from a shared location across the network, you do
not need to install Creo Platform Services on your client machine.
If a Creo installation on a custom location (For Example, D:\PTC), is relocated to
a network drive (For Example, D:\PTC is exported as \\SERVER\CREO4_
Share\), then Creo automatically finds the creoagent executable file relative to
the install location.
Creo does not require the environmental variable CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH to
find the path of creoagent.exe.
However, if the Creo installation structure in the network location is different
from the default one, then the environmental variable CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH
must point to the file creoagent.exe.
The environment variable, CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST must also be set and must
point to the manifests folder on the Platform location. (For Example,
\\SERVER\CREO4_Share\Creo\Platform\4\manifests).
For local installation, the above environmental variables are not used.
If Creo is started from a network install and Creo Platform Services package
(creoagent.exe and Creo platform) is installed locally and the environmental
variables are not set, local installation takes precedence even if Creo finds the
network installation. Using environmental variables, you can change the order of
lookups.

Regards

Jan

... what came in mind after posting the above: The file location of the creoagent.exe in the Windows task manager is given with this path "\\server\share\ptc\Creo\Agent". May be one has to use UNC instead of drive letter for the ENV's. Also in March (see above) I had local old installations of creoagent and I still have them. I assume, this could have been the problem then, if the syntax of the environment settings in the parametric.psf might have been wrong (drive letter instead of UNC) if PTC has changed this from CREO 2.0 to 4.0?

"...If Creo is started from a network install and Creo Platform Services package
(creoagent.exe and Creo platform) is installed locally and the environmental
variables are not set, local installation takes precedence even if Creo finds the
network installation. Using environmental variables, you can change the order of
lookups...."

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags