cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Datum Target Symbol Attachment Issue.

nmahajan-2
1-Newbie

Datum Target Symbol Attachment Issue.

Hi Guys...

I am working on a requirement.if a drawing contains "Datum Target Symbol" then the attachment of that symbol to any object should notbe witharrow. it should be without arrow head. i.e (simple line). The issue is that i am using

ProDtlsyminstdataAttachtypeGet() and it returns. (any one)

PROSYMDEFATTACHTYPE_FREE,PROSYMDEFATTACHTYPE_LEFT_LEADER,
PROSYMDEFATTACHTYPE_RIGHT_LEADER, PROSYMDEFATTACHTYPE_RADIAL_LEADER, PROSYMDEFATTACHTYPE_ON_ITEM, PROSYMDEFATTACHTYPE_NORM_ITEM

Now in drawingi have created two symbols one with arrow and one without arrow ( Please see the image ). But it returns same value for both. so how to bring the difference out... Am i heading in the rite direction or is there any other way of to do this...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

You will need the Pro/TOOLKIT for 3D Drawings license for this solution. Once you get the ProDtlsyminstdata object you can then collect the leaders using ProDtlsyminstdataLeadersCollect(). Iterate through each leader and call ProDtlattachArrowtypeGet(). This will return you the type of leader.

typedef enum
{
PROLEADERTYPE_ARROWHEAD = 1,
PROLEADERTYPE_DOT = 2,
PROLEADERTYPE_FILLEDDOT = 3,
PROLEADERTYPE_NOARROW = 4,
PROLEADERTYPE_CROSS = 5,
PROLEADERTYPE_SLASH = 6,
PROLEADERTYPE_INTEGRAL = 7,
PROLEADERTYPE_BOX = 8,
PROLEADERTYPE_FILLEDBOX = 9,
PROLEADERTYPE_DOUBLEARROW = 10,
PROLEADERTYPE_TARGET = 14,
PROLEADERTYPE_LEFTHALF = 15,
PROLEADERTYPE_RIGHTHALF = 16,
PROLEADERTYPE_TRIANGLE = 18
} ProLeaderType<progtol_h.html#proleadertype>;

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CDCBAF.BDFD45A0]

Hi Patrick,

I guess i didnt find this function ProDtlattachArrowtypeGet() because i dont have 3D License. 😕

Thanks a lot man. have a nice day... 🙂

Nikhil,
All of the functionality of the Pro/TOOLKIT including the APIs available with the license extensions are in the API Wizard regardless of what licenses you own. It's a tease I guess?

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDCBC1.DA741620]

Well when i search in API Wizard i dont find this function (see images) as you mentioned that its "regardless what license you use you will find it in API Wizard" but i cant. i am working on ProEWildFire 4.0. Please correct me if i am wrong..

Hmm... I thought that API was introduced earlier than WF 5.0. I just found it in the Summary of Technical Changes for WF 5.0.

Annotations
New Function

Description

Arrow Type

ProDimlocationArrowtypesGet()
ProDtlattachArrowtypeGet()

Accesses the arrow types used by 3D annotations for dimensions, symbols, and surface finish.

Note

ProNoteURLWstringGet()
ProNoteURLWstringSet()

Returns and sets the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) associated with the specified note as a widestring.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDCC75.5B607360]

So even if i get a 3D license i wont find this function, since i am not using WildFire5.well...!!! then that is not good 😕 for me. ummm... Lets see what else i can come up with, to solve this issue. (Update to WildFire5 is one solution) but not feasible.

I will keep you in the loop if iam ableto find out some solution to get the arrow type in WildFire4.0

Thanks man...!! 🙂 have a nice day.

I had the same problem some weeks ago.

Until Wildfire 5 the problem can be solved by adding the note to the
selection buffer (toolkit) and then run a mapkey that switches the arrow
type. The mapkey can run only if there is a single note in the selection
buffer.

With Creo there is a new dtl option “default_leader_arrow_style” that can be
used to define the arrow style for new notes.

Some of my customers are waiting for this option since 2002 when they
started with Pro/E

Andreas

I had the same problem some weeks ago.

Until Wildfire 5 the problem can be solved by adding the note to the selection buffer (toolkit) and then run a mapkey that switches the arrow type. The mapkey can run only if there is a single note in the selection buffer.

With Creo there is a new dtl option “default_leader_arrow_style” that can be used to define the arrow style for new notes.

Some of my customers are waiting for this option since 2002 when they started with Pro/E…

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Rudolf-Diesel-Str. 6
D-65439 Floersheim / Germany

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

Hi Andreas,

The way you have solved it sounds interesting. can youput somecode to explain exactly how you did it.

Thanks.

Try the following:

1. Create the note

2. Empty the selection buffer

3. Create a selection object from the new note

4. Add this selection to the selection buffer

5.From Toolkit/JLink: With only one selection in the buffer run the mapkeythat modifies the arrow style.

The mapkey should be recorded by selecting a drawing note manually and record this:

Toolbox Format / Select "Arrow style" / <select array=" stlye=" type="> / Done/Return / Edit / Select / Deselect All

Write the mapkey to a file and use the string in Toolkit to run it as a macro.

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Rudolf-Diesel-Str. 6
D-65439 Floersheim / Germany

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

Top Tags