cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Graph controlled round

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Graph controlled round

Hi, is it possible to control the value of a round by graph feature? I have been trying to figure this out with little success. I can get the geometry i require with a sweep controlled by graph but i was trying to simplify things a little as it is only the round value that is changing. I am just trying to better understand the use of graph controlled features. A simple cube with a round running along a single edge will suffice, if anyone is willing to post an example if this is even possible.

John

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, the round feature dont have any connection to the graph feature as far as i know.

However, you can do a workaround and controll your round using a graph,. Just make it "follow curve" as i previous example, where the curve is a intersect curve from a sweep (graphcontrolled that is) and the side surface. When you update your graph, the sweep will update , the intersect curve will update and finally your round will update.

//Tobias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

maybe you can create round Through Curve ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize I could achieve my objective this way, in fact, I use the 'Through Curve' option a great deal. I just wanted to know if I can achieve the same use 'graph feature'.

Regards

John

Well, the round feature dont have any connection to the graph feature as far as i know.

However, you can do a workaround and controll your round using a graph,. Just make it "follow curve" as i previous example, where the curve is a intersect curve from a sweep (graphcontrolled that is) and the side surface. When you update your graph, the sweep will update , the intersect curve will update and finally your round will update.

//Tobias

Tobias Larsson wrote:

Hi Tobias, if you are correct, then you have answered my question. I know there are various workarounds, but the whole point of my post was to better understand the use of graphs & situations in which they could be used.

Thanks for your reply.

John

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags