cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to make a corner seam in sheetmetal?

sloman
1-Newbie

How to make a corner seam in sheetmetal?

Good morning,

I want to make a nice corner seam of the two flanges I made in a piece of sheetmetal, but it won’t work as the way I want to….

These are the stapes I have made:

1) Make a planer (2mm)

2) Create a flange (#1, manipulated in the sketch option so I have two bends)

3) Create a new flange #2 with a chain. (you can see in the blue circle that the corner is not nice)

4) Create a new flange #3

5) Create a new flange #4 (see that the bend is not nice, the green circle)

How can I make the two “red” corners together. (in Inventor there is a commando “corner seam”, or “mitter” ) Did I used the wrong bend commando?

My goal is to make a box with a removable top. It has to be waterproof welded after bending.

Thanks, Stefan.

Corner_seam.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Stefan,

I've been trying to solve this for a long time now. No solutions so far.

It seems that Inventor just has a better function here. Works nicely and looks good also .

/Preben

Strange thing. When I make a Planer and the whole flange all around the surface of the plane, then I can select “edge treatment” and can I give a gap.

I don’t know why it doesn’t work in my former example. Sometimes you are running around to find a way, that you forget which path you have taken…..Corner-seam_2.JPG

We did the same thing with "edge treatment".

The result was not pretty and we couldn't remove extra surfaces afterwards. We edit the corners afterwards to be able to punch the plate.

Top Tags