cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Inheritance model won't work

jwikoff
1-Newbie

Inheritance model won't work

I am trying to create a model with an inheritance as the first feature after the base datums.  If I leave it as MERGE, it works fine.  If I change it to INHERITANCE, it fails.  I've attached the model I am trying to use for the inheritance.  I didn't try to vary any of the dimensions or make any other changes.  Just simply created the inheritance feature in a fresh empty model.  I tried with another part and it worked fine, so I don't think I am doing it wrong.  There must be an issue with the model but I don't know what it is.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion, guys.  As it turns out, since the model I was bringing in is sheetmetal, the new part has to be sheetmetal, too, but I left it as the default solid.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mburr
14-Alexandrite
(To:jwikoff)

I didn't download the model to look at it, but is the model accuracy different between the 2?  Often times, if a model has a specific value set in accuracy to regenerate, the inheritance will fail if the values do not match.  Just something to check.

-Matt

Thanks for the suggestion, guys.  As it turns out, since the model I was bringing in is sheetmetal, the new part has to be sheetmetal, too, but I left it as the default solid.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jwikoff)

John Wikoff

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct for those who may search on this in the future.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags