cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem with Adding a Blank Column to a (Drawing) Table with an Existing 2D Repeat Region

hcolclough
1-Newbie

Problem with Adding a Blank Column to a (Drawing) Table with an Existing 2D Repeat Region

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to add a column to a table that already has a couple 2d
repeat regions in it (Table 1 in attached picture). The problem is when
I add a column to the table, the 2d repeat region stretches & takes up
both columns (Table 2 in attached picture). All I'd like to do is add a
column so I can define another 2d repeat region (Table 3 in attached
picture).

What's being done now is I'm creating a new table with the "new"
column, adding the 2d repeat regions again & re applying any
filters/relations that are included in each region.

So I guess my question is can I add a blank column next to a column
that has a repeat region associated with it? Another way would be to
"redefine" my repeat region beginning & end, but I don't think that is
possible either. Or is there something else entirely that I should be
doing differently?

I'm using Creo 2.0 M070.

Thank You!

Howard Colclough

Innovent Standex

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

There are a few steps to do.

1. Copy the filter out of the newly expanded column. You may want to paste it off somewhere so you either don’t lose it accidentally or want to use it for examples later. This step’s optional, but saves time.

2. Remove the repeat region from the column. Note the information that was displayed in the cells of the column will remain (if there); you’ll have to window select that columns cells then use (right click) delete contents.

3. Add new repeat regions to the two columns. You’ve probably done this before; just make sure you double click in each column’s cell to make them independent otherwise you’ll be back in the same boat.

4. Add your filter back into the first cell. Add your new filter into the new column.

5. Add your report parameter to each cell. Step 4 & 5 are interchangeable but if you put your report parameter in before the filter you’re table will blow out to show all family table columns.

That’s about it for normal applications. I wish there was an option to choose whether to carryover the region or have an independent one inserted. It would save all those steps.

Sometimes there are some issues that I have to be sure of when working this way with the tables like try to make sure that my generic is active when doing these steps. It’s quirky in my experience, sometimes if I forget to have the active model be the generic I’m alright; sometimes it totally screws me up. I’ve gotten to the point of placing it in above the title block and erasing the view, I can see and be reminded but it won’t show on prints. Creo’s made this a little more of a pain in that I notice that your active model will revert to whatever you’ve placed first in the sheet. There’s good and bad in that.

Matt Bracht

Senior Design Engineer

The GSI Group

-

Top Tags