cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

hide some parameters in Parameters dialog box

btran
1-Newbie

hide some parameters in Parameters dialog box

How to hide some parameters in Parameters dialog box in Creo Parametric?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:btran)

Why?

We want to stop our users editing some parameters in Creo. Instead, we want them to edit the associated part in Windchill.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Have you tried firing the ones who do this? It is like trying to make it so pilots cannot crash their plane. The users have the ability to make totally destructive changes anyway, so why not trust them to do this correctly?

I have not read of any way to stop the changes. It seems like it would require removing the ability to use the PTC supplied parameter tool and creating a separate one that could limit users.

llie
16-Pearl

Binh,

The only way we have found so far is to write a Creo Parametric relation in your start part and have the Creo Parameter equal a Windchill attribute like the example below.

cagecode = ptc_organization_id

partnumber = rel_model_name

When the users go to change a parameter it is locked.

Hope this helps.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:llie)

The users can delete the relations and change the parameter.

Any user that can be stopped by a relation needs training and any user that goes around some defined process needs disciplining (or figuring out if maybe they are doing the right thing. The latter happens from time to time.)

Top Tags