Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 1.0 and Cabling

Creo 1.0 and Cabling

David

Creo cabling training will be available soon however there is cabling training for Creo Elements Pro 5 available which will introduce you to the new workflow and is the most important training in my opinion. The changes in Creo 1 in comparison are easier to understand.

What’s new <">http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/relnotes/index.jsp?show=y&product=403&module=5261&version=1970&f... on PTC.com will provide an overview of the new functionality in each release with text and video.

An update presentation is available for technical sales and if you ask you local account team they can arrange for it to be presented to you.

At PTCUser we provide an update for all the new enhancements and most years I demonstrate the new functionality live. I am also on the booth so that you can speak to me to discuss in detail the new enhancements.

The help files should also provide an insight into the new functionality – although I admit there is an error with offset location information which will be fixed in due course

Consultants are trained in the new functionality so when customers request update training, the consultant can understand you current workflows and advise you on how they will change \ should be change to obtain maximum benefit from the new technology.

And of course there is the exploder where there is a wealth of information and people who are willing to help.

So I hope the black hole is not all that big I think it is just a case of knowing where to go for the information

Thanks

Jim

Highlighted

Creo 1.0 and Cabling

Looks like quite a lot of change with 5.0. I can’t say I had heard of most
changes till now, and reviewing videos below. Most things look good. Looks
like saving a few mouse picks.

Hope you can manually put in offset distances yet, rather than just dragging
a grab handle.

Didn’t see anything on Branch bundles, splice implementation, or custom
components. Guess I’ll have to wait to get new version to explore those
items.

Aron,

Would love to help on TC, but don’t have money and usually the time. Could
some upcoming stuff be posted somewhere, so comments could be given ahead of
releases? Or trial software posted, so if I do find time, can try out and
comment?

Regards,

Jeff Roeber

Applied Engineering

www.ae-soltuions.com

Creo 1.0 and Cabling

Hi Jeff,

You can manually define the offset distance for the active location using the Placement panel (there is also a ‘most recently used’ list) or just editing the dimension in the graphics window:

Regards,

Martin Kemp

Product Definition Manager

PTC

Creo 1.0 and Cabling

All

I hope you are all happy to receive this news.

A complaint was put forward about offset location in cabling design, PTC listened and have now addressed the complaint. This morning I created a video for your perusal

The fix will be in

Creo Elements Pro 5.0 M110 – available now

Creo 1.0 M010 – available now

All the best

Jim

Announcements