cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can ModelCheck be setup to review a Density Parameter and make it an error if it is a value other than "1"?

cframe
1-Newbie

Can ModelCheck be setup to review a Density Parameter and make it an error if it is a value other than "1"?

ModelCheck can check a density parameter and result in an error reported if the value is "1".  I would like modelcheck to report an error for other values also, such as "1000" or some very small values.  How can I add other values for modelcheck to reject poor densities. 

4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:cframe)

Hi Chris,

As of now not possible. Def_density is to check and report error/warning for density as 1.

Thank you, that is what I thought.  I believe it has been this way - set to "1" for a check only - for many years.  I will have to put in a PTC enhancement request.

Currently if I have a CAD Engineer make a PRT model and assign a density by typing it in (as opposed to a material card) and they make a mistake (1.01 instead of 0.101) modelcheck will not report it as an error.

Modelcheck should be able to check densities against several unacceptable numbers.  Even report all > 1 densities as a warning or error.

Thanks. 

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:cframe)

How about creating a relation in the model like:

DENSITY_CHECK=mp_density

and then using MC to check the DENSITY_CHECK parameter against a list of invalid values.

PRT_PARAMETER DENSITY_CHECK REAL NEQ LIST_BAD_DENSITY

The BAD_DENSITY list contains the list of values you want to check against.

Regards,

Dan N.

cframe
1-Newbie
(To:dnordin)

That is a good idea.  Wonder why I couldn't do that against the density parameter directly though.  I don't want to add another parameter to 20,000+ models though, but it would work for new models.  I'd have to have modelcheck verify the new parameter was in the old models if they were changed so that could be done also.  So thanks. 

Top Tags