cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo training central download files

dmccandless
6-Contributor

Creo training central download files

Hi All,

I'm trying to prep a company wide training diet and want to use PTC's training central playlists as part of this, there are references to pre existing files throughout this training, a drone assembly being one, are these files available as a download or are they buried in the Creo installation somewhere?

I'm probably missing something obvious but any help would be appreciated,

many thanks

Dave.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:dmccandless)

Hi Dave,

Of all the tutorials in Learning Connector, the only lab files that can actually be downloaded are for the playlist Get Started with the Creo Parametric Interface.

We moved away from lab file downloads for a variety of reasons. To that end, we're trying to create playlists wherein the student actually creates their own lab files as they progress through the tutorials and/or they leverage these models in other playlists.

In the playlist Get Started with Creo Parametric Assembly we provide a PDF drawing that you can download to model each of the drone components that are assembled in this playlist. This would be the drone assembly that you're looking for.

These models are also used in Learn More About Creo Parametric Modeling, Get Started with Creo Parametric Analysis, Get Started with Creo Parametric Documentation, and to some degree Get Started with Creo Parametric Sketcher.

At this point I am not aware of Creo Parametric containing any example data sets as part of the install. I'm inquiring with Product Management to see about the potential of this, as some of the other PTC software does include example data sets (Creo View, for example).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matt

-------
Matt Huybrecht
KateLeipold
5-Regular Member
(To:Matt_Huybrecht)

I've gone through the drawings and found that I'm missing the following pieces of information from the drawings.  

1. Drone Body
    1. The radius on the outside legs of the drone
      • I found it as 12.5 in the sketching tutorial - but it's not on the drawing. 
    2. The diameter of the top cylinders
  2. Camera
    1. I'm having a conflict between the 65 "OAL" dimension and the 15 length on the tab. With the 45 + 15 + 10 the OAL should be 70. 
  3. Camera Mount
    1. I don't have the length of the Ø25 cylindrical portion
  4. Rotor Blade
    1. The depth of the Ø7.5 counter bore is missing.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KateLeipold)

Camera can be designed with those values, it just looks a bit different. It puts the 7.5 hole closer to the full radius instead of both being on the 15 dimension.

The 'screws' have no thread pitch callout and the hex should be dimensioned across the flats, not across the hex.

KateLeipold
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

I agree with both of these comments

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback here. I will work with the author who created this content to re-check the drawings, but you're correct - it seems there are various dimensions missing and there are some inaccurate dimensions.

1. Drone Body
    1. The radius on the outside legs of the drone
      • I found it as 12.5 in the sketching tutorial - but it's not on the drawing. 
    2. The diameter of the top cylinders
      The diameter is 15:
      1-diameter.png
  2. Camera
    1. I'm having a conflict between the 65 "OAL" dimension and the 15 length on the tab. With the 45 + 15 + 10 the OAL should be 70. 
      My assumption is that this drawing was created as the data set was being developed, so there are some inaccuracies to the final dimensions. Here is what the correct dimensions should be:
       2-dimensions.png

3. Camera Mount
    1. I don't have the length of the Ø25 cylindrical portion
      That value should be 15.
      3-height.png
  4. Rotor Blade
    1. The depth of the Ø7.5 counter bore is missing.
      The depth should be 5.
      4-height.png
-------
Matt Huybrecht
KateLeipold
5-Regular Member

Thank you! 

You're very welcome! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

-------
Matt Huybrecht
KateLeipold
5-Regular Member

If you're making changes to the camera - make sure they match this step - https://learningconnector.ptc.com/playlist/PL1638967972260/get-started-with-creo-parametric-assembly/tutorial/1648035744386/measure-global-interference

Changing the 20 - 25 doesn't do anything if the hole is measured 10 rather than coincident. 

Top Tags