cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Error implementing a MATLAB DLL into Direct Modeling

ThomasS2
10-Marble

Error implementing a MATLAB DLL into Direct Modeling

Hello, 

i am trying to implement a .NET DLL compiled in MATLAB within an Addin-Module created with the .NET API Wizard in Visual Studio 2010. When a function from the MATLAB DLL is called, this error occurs in the console:

An Error has occurred while trying to initialize the MATLAB Runtime.
The error is: Fatal error loading library C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Runtime\v910\bin\win64\libmat.dll Error: The specified procedure was not found.

MATLAB DLL:
- system architecture: AnyCPU (64-bit preferred)
runtime environment: .NET Framework 4

.NET API Addin DLL:
- system architecture: x64
runtime environment: .NET Framework 4

Application versions:

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 20.1.4.0
Visual Studio 2010
MATLAB Runtime: 9.10
MATLAB 2021a

Is this procedure possible, if yes what can I do.

2 REPLIES 2

You cannot just load a DLL into SolidDesigner.
The only accepted DLLs are compiled LISP sources.
For that you need a SolidDesigner IKIT Licenses.
When you try to load your DLL,  SolidDesigner is looking for a an initializer function expected by the LISP System.

Thank you for your reply.

I try to make some things clear.

I do not use the Integration Kit. I am working with the Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 18.0 - COM & .NET API, which allows .NET-based clients to be loaded into Creo Elements/Direct Modeling process (.NET add-ins). I used the provided wizard for Visual Studio 2010 to create a C# program and compiled it into a DLL. The add-in consists of this DLL and an additional configuration file. If these two files are placed in a specific folder, the add-in can be loaded into Creo Elements/Direct Modeling using File > Modules. It is also possible to call another .NET DLL (created with VS2010) within the add-in DLL. When calling the .NET DLL (created with MATLAB) within the add-in DLL, the above error shows up in the console.

Top Tags