cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

URL for Item attachments?

wstokes
6-Contributor

URL for Item attachments?

Hi,

I have a series of scripts which interact with Integrity using the CLI via. Python subprocessing.

I can easily extract information relating to a particular item with

im viewissue

and then use Python to parse the output and extract the information I want.

What I would like to do is generate a list of URLs for the attachments associated with each item. 

I am aware of 

im extractattachments

but this actually downloads the files from the server. The issue with extractattachements, is that I plan to process many items, each with multiple attachments. Of these, the user may be interested in only a handful, so downloading them all would be wasteful. I would like to present the user with the links, which they can click to download the files if they choose. 

Is this approach possible? A compromise would be a link which opened up the item in the Integrity GUI (or web client) on the attachments tab?

Thanks in advance

Will

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since you are parsing the output of im viewissue, adding the option --showAttachments will add a list of all attachments to the CLI output.

Once you extract the names you can simply generate links to each of the individual attachments via the pattern http://<servername>:<port>/im/viewattachment?issue=<item id>&attachment=<attachment name>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Since you are parsing the output of im viewissue, adding the option --showAttachments will add a list of all attachments to the CLI output.

Once you extract the names you can simply generate links to each of the individual attachments via the pattern http://<servername>:<port>/im/viewattachment?issue=<item id>&attachment=<attachment name>

wstokes
6-Contributor
(To:pmaechtlen)

@pmaechtlen,

Cool thanks this is what I was looking for! I could already get the attachment names from 'im viewissue' but I wasn't sure about how to construct the correct pattern to actually form a link to that attachment. Your solution worked great!

One point to note: 

im viewattachment

does not show up when I type

im --usage

at the console. Is it undocumented? 

This is correct, im viewattachment does not exist as a CLI command.

This is exclusive to the web-access URL schema.

wstokes
6-Contributor
(To:pmaechtlen)

OK, that is interesting.

Are there many notable differences between the documented CLI commands and the web only commands? I find the general documentation on this to not be great, but perhaps I not always looking in the correct places.

If you have any helpful links that would be greatly appreciated - especially for the web-related commands.

Will

Announcements

Top Tags