cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill RV&S 13.1.0.1 (Integrity): Create requirements programmatically using API

AP_11714902
5-Regular Member

Windchill RV&S 13.1.0.1 (Integrity): Create requirements programmatically using API

Hi all,

I want to create requirements programmatically in Windchill RV&S (Integrity). Is there any api available for that.

I have requirements written in excel, I just want to copy those requirements into Windchill RV&S (Integrity)

I used msk-java api's for Configuration Management. Requirement Manager module is new for me.

Thank you for any support here!

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Please see this article in the knowledgebase which gives instructions on using the MS Excel integration plugin to import Requirements from Excel:

How to import a requirements list using the Windchill RV&S/Integrity Lifecycle Manager Excel Integration

Further details may be found in the attached guide.

AP_11714902
5-Regular Member
(To:JoeBartlett)

Thank you for the information and appreciate for your response.

I am trying to use MSExcel Integration to create requirements, but I am facing some issues there. 

Here is the error screenshot, I am following the help document to create the requirement:  I did create new List -> Select template, added project name and summary, imported -> click on synchronize to generate document Id at this time I am getting following error.

AP_11714902_0-1728045285822.png

The strange part is I couldn’t locate the log file to find the error, so do not understand what is going on.

Another question is, where does the templates are stored? and if we want to customize those what’s the possibility?

Hi @AP_11714902,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution or please feel free to detail in a reply what has helped you and mark it as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags