cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how can i import sandbox after 10.8 integrity

kdongwoo
1-Newbie

how can i import sandbox after 10.8 integrity

Hi. im using 10.8 integrity. i have already know that there is no project.pj file on 10.8

but i need project.pj file for importing snadbox, because i changed computer. i want to use  sandbox as usual.

is there any way to import sandbox or make project.pj by manually?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kim,

When you upgrade the Client to 10.8, the sandboxes are already migrated into the 10.8 client-side database.

So if that has already been done, you can simply copy the client-side DB, to the new 10.8 client machine.

If you mean you have pre-10.8 sandboxes still, "si importsandbox" can still be used to bring in "pre-10.8" sandbox, but once imported, it's in the new client-side DB for good.

Like I suggested, it would probably be beneficial to open a Support case, for your specific scenario.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Kim,

There is a backup of the client-side database (which stores your sandboxes) on your old client machine.

(the locations are mentioned in this semi-related article:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS250437)

(You have to still have access to your old machine obviously)

You could copy those over the new client-side database, on your new machine.

I'd suggest opening a Support case, for assistance with this.

This is also assuming that you haven't started using sandboxes already, on your new machine.

Thanx for the fast reply

i read related integrity article.

but this is about migrate to 10.8 from lower version

i want to know how i import sandbox on 10.8

Hi Kim,

When you upgrade the Client to 10.8, the sandboxes are already migrated into the 10.8 client-side database.

So if that has already been done, you can simply copy the client-side DB, to the new 10.8 client machine.

If you mean you have pre-10.8 sandboxes still, "si importsandbox" can still be used to bring in "pre-10.8" sandbox, but once imported, it's in the new client-side DB for good.

Like I suggested, it would probably be beneficial to open a Support case, for your specific scenario.

Announcements

Top Tags