cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

404 error when making REST call in Thingworx 8

sonali92jain
5-Regular Member

404 error when making REST call in Thingworx 8

Hi,

I am using the trial version of Thingworx 8 Foundation server hosted on the developer portal of the thingworx website.

I have created a new Application Key in the thingworx composer and assigned it to user 'Administrator'

appKey.png

I have created a new Thing in the Composer itself. Now, I am trying to access the Things property using the REST API in postman.

I have tried sending the appKey parameter in URL. I have also tried sending appKey in Header. In both cases, I am getting a 404 not found error. 

Untitled.png

Can someone help me with the correct way to make rest api calls in Thingworx 8.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sonali92jain
5-Regular Member
(To:sonali92jain)

Hi All,

I have found the solution to the issue. To anyone who might be facing the same thing, this is what needs to be done. Adding the port 8080 to the URL is a must if you are using the 30 day trial hosted instance of the ThingWorx Foundation server.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This URL worked for me:

/Thingworx/Things/MyHouse/Properties/watts

Do you have a Thing named MyHouse with a Property named watts? Names are case sensitive.

Try setting a value for watts in composer to be sure everything is working.

sonali92jain
5-Regular Member
(To:sonali92jain)

Hi All,

I have found the solution to the issue. To anyone who might be facing the same thing, this is what needs to be done. Adding the port 8080 to the URL is a must if you are using the 30 day trial hosted instance of the ThingWorx Foundation server.

Untitled.png

Top Tags