cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Arduino Extension Available?

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Arduino Extension Available?

Does anyone know if there is an Arduino extension avaialble? I am starting to play with a kit that could give me some basic inputs for Thingworkx and it would be gread if there is something already developed.

Here is the kit: http://littlebits.cc/

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I have been playing a bit with an Arduino Yun. I am using a HTU21D Temperature and Humidity sensor and the Thingworx C-Sdk to send data to the Thingworx Server. Unfortunately, I don't have any documentation available yet. Depending on your Arduino Capabilities, the easiest way to send data from it into Thingworx would be through REST API calls like for example :

"http://10.132.36.68:8080/Thingworx/Things/RPISensor2/Properties/Temp?method=put&appKey=6cd84a3e-2c42-448f-950b-69af1b0fb3b8&x-thingworx-session=true&value=85"

Where  10.132.36.68:8080 is the IP address of your Thingworx instance. You can use also the name of the instance (e.g. thingworx-academic-staff.ptcmscloud.com).

RPISensor2 is the name of the Thing created on the Thingworx instance for which you want to set a property value (Note that you need to use a Generic Thing as template to be able to set its properties using REST calls).Temp is the property name.

So in the example above I am setting the value 85 to the Temp Property of the RPISensor2 Thing created on the Thingworx instance located at this ip address : 10.132.36.68:8080.You can replace the 85 value with a value read from a sensor and then use this URL to make a HTTP request from an Arduino Sketch.

If your Arduino has more processing capabilities like the Arduino Yun, you can try using  the Thingworx C-SDK. There is an example explaining how to use it to send data into Thingworx.

Regards,

Veronica

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:emoreira)

Thanks Veronica. This approach is quite simple and will help me to get started with Arduino and TW

Top Tags