cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can large amount of data be stored in Infotable?

esirohi
1-Newbie

Can large amount of data be stored in Infotable?

I need some inputs on implementation side.

I need to store string data in 5-6 columns of Infotable. If the size of data increases, would it impact the performance of TW application as data is stored in-memory for Infotables.

Also, when should we use or what should be the valid use case to use InfoTable and Datatable? Can we use these 2 interchangeably?

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:esirohi)

Generally Infotables should be used for temporary information.

Infotables are very fast in memory objects.

DataTables do provide the advantages that they can be indexed and carry a Primary Key

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:esirohi)

Adding to Pai's post, here are links to couple community blogs on Infotables and data storages:

Getting to Know InfoTables

What is an InfoTable?

Where Should I Store My Thingworx Data?

An infotable is basically a table in memory.  You load a query against a datatable in to an infotable and use the infotable to display your data in the mashup.  A datatable is stored in the persistence layer. 

There's a project I'm involved with where we had to stop using datatables and switch to using a full service database like SQL Server due to performance issues once you move beyond 150k rows in the table.  If you don't anticipate your data growing beyond that point, you're fine with a datatable. 

Top Tags