cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Connect to Azure Cosmos DB with SQL API

nmilleson
17-Peridot

Connect to Azure Cosmos DB with SQL API

Curious if anybody has attempted a connection to an Azure Cosmos database that is stood up with the SQL API.  We are fairly certain that we'll need to create an extension, but if anybody has any experience with it, any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Etienne)

Hi.

PTC does not supply the JDBC driver in these situations.  You should be able to check the vendor's site to obtain the driver and documentation for how to set it up.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:nmilleson)

Hello.

I don't find much in the documentation or the Knowledgebase or known cases about anyone connecting to the Azure Cosmos DB with ThingWorx. This leads me to believe this connection is not currently supported. That may change in the future.

Along with you, I would also love to hear from the community at large if this connection has been tried and what the results were.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

Almost the same problem here, but with Gremlin API !

I created an extension with the marketplace's "JDBC Connector Extension" based on CData's CosmosDB JDBC connector, but I don't know the driver's name and I'm not sure how the connection string is supposed to look like...

I'll be glad to exchange with anybody on that subject !

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Etienne)

Hi.

PTC does not supply the JDBC driver in these situations.  You should be able to check the vendor's site to obtain the driver and documentation for how to set it up.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Etienne, 

The driver name for any JDBC connector should be available in the documentation for that driver, meaning cdata's site.

I searched on google this, and it seems there is a page, https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/cosmosdb-jdbc-tomcat.rst that shows an example for both the connection string and the driverClassName.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nmilleson)

Hi @nmilleson.

If one of the previous posts answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags