cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Copying child widget in the parent container.

AV_10867476
7-Bedrock

Copying child widget in the parent container.

I am trying to copy on of the widgets of the parent container and adding it in the parent container itself but can't find the correct way to do it. 

What i am doing is that : 

First i copied the child container which i want to add, but whenever i try to add it by clicking on the layout of the parent it directly says that "cannot be directly copied to parent", so even if i try to add a new widget otherwise, it drags to some other children element and not to the parent element.

.view1.png

As you can see in the picture below, when the widget is dragged it highlights the other children widget and not the parent.

view1.1.png

This is the heirarchy below and I want to copy and add this "container 40" into the parent "container 25". So as to get an identical widget.

view1.3.png

Update: I figured how to copy it but the widget looks out of place in the runtime as compared to the mashup 

mashup:

view1.4.png

Runtime:

view1.5.png

1 REPLY 1

It appears that your last two containers are responsive.  You'll have to determine how you want those containers to spread across the page.  If you need all of the containers to be a static size, you'll have to make something else in that parent responsive (perhaps the left and right margins).  If the containers should all be of equal size across the entire page, you can make them all responsive and keep the growth factors at 1.

- Nick

Top Tags