cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Create Thing via REST

martingalaz
1-Newbie

Create Thing via REST

What is the URL format for creating a new thing based on a template via the REST API?
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Derek, if you check the available Entity Services (part of Resources) you'll find CloneThing and CreateThing.

Please read the Wiki entries because there are some important steps that must be followed.

derekada
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

I have looked at that section. All I see is the following. I do not know how to call CloneThing or CreateThing via REST.

• EntityServices - helper functions to create and delete ThingWorx Model Entities, such as Things, Users, Groups, and Networks.

paic
1-Newbie
(To:derekada)

Hi Derek, for full information on the REST API please see section A in the Wiki.

We understand that as a platform Thingworx presents a very comprehensive and rich development environment, which can make it challenging to find the right information. That's why we recommend attending either a live Training or Subscribe to the eLearning to all our users. Equipped with that you'll become a Thingworx expert in no time.
Training dates are published on our website and please contact your sales Rep to get a subscription to eLearning.

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:martingalaz)

Derek,

The format is as follows:

/Thingworx/Resources/EntityServices/Services/CreateThing?method=post&name=ThingName&description=An%20Example%20Thing&thingTemplateName=GenericThing

Top Tags