cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Create dashboard using the data from external REST API

cpalanisamy
1-Newbie

Create dashboard using the data from external REST API

I have a requirement to create a Mash up with input data coming from external REST API,is there any option to consume external REST API via stream or data table ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cbaldwin
13-Aquamarine
(To:cpalanisamy)

Hi Chandran,

Yes the platform has ability to integrate with external REST APIs.  I think the best approach will be through our integration connectors.  With these, you can map REST APIs to services on the ThingWorx side which can be called from your Mashup.  These also use Infotables to return the results sets from the REST payload that you can show in charts, grids, etc. on your Mashup.

More info here:

http://support.ptc.com/help//thingworx_hc/thingworx_7_hc/index.html#page/ThingWorx_Core_Help_Center/ThingWorxHelpCenterDITAFiles/ThingWorxExtensibility/IntegrationConnectors/ConnectorOview.html

Does this work for your use case?

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Chandran, I think this should be doable with something like GetJSON service available under ThingWorx Composer > System > Resources > Content Loader Functions > GetJSON; it's accepting following input parameters.

cbaldwin
13-Aquamarine

Hi Chandran,

Yes the platform has ability to integrate with external REST APIs.  I think the best approach will be through our integration connectors.  With these, you can map REST APIs to services on the ThingWorx side which can be called from your Mashup.  These also use Infotables to return the results sets from the REST payload that you can show in charts, grids, etc. on your Mashup.

More info here:

http://support.ptc.com/help//thingworx_hc/thingworx_7_hc/index.html#page/ThingWorx_Core_Help_Center/ThingWorxHelpCenterDITAFiles/ThingWorxExtensibility/IntegrationConnectors/ConnectorOview.html

Does this work for your use case?

Chris

Top Tags