cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Custom Extension - configuration table title and tooltips

kbuss
6-Contributor

Custom Extension - configuration table title and tooltips

Hi,

when i implement and import an extension e.g. with a configuration table, the title and tooltips of the configuration table won't be displayed.

ConfigTableName.PNG

Has anybody got any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:kbuss)

HI Keijo Buss​, Are you creating a Java extension or a widget.

If you are using Java; try adding description for the ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition(name = "ConnectionInformations", description = "Insert Description here", isMultiRow = false, ordinal = 0, dataShape = @ThingworxDataShapeDefinition(fields = {

For widget; you probably would using metadata.xml to create the template. So, check same file for adding the description.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

HI Keijo Buss​, Are you creating a Java extension or a widget.

If you are using Java; try adding description for the ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition(name = "ConnectionInformations", description = "Insert Description here", isMultiRow = false, ordinal = 0, dataShape = @ThingworxDataShapeDefinition(fields = {

For widget; you probably would using metadata.xml to create the template. So, check same file for adding the description.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

kbuss
6-Contributor
(To:ankigupta)

Hi Ankit,

thank you for the response.

I am creating a Java Extension.

I also thought adding the description would have an effect, but it didn't.

Keijo,

Any update on this? Was Ankit Gupta's post helpful? If so, could you click on the "correct answer" or "mark as helpful" button and let us know?

kbuss
6-Contributor
(To:jgorsline)

Hi Jeremy,

it still doesn't work.

As I said I also tried adding the description but it still looks like on the picture in the beginning.

sbalta
12-Amethyst

Keijo Buss

What ThingWorx version are you using? (I'm asking, because it might be a bug)

kbuss
6-Contributor
(To:sbalta)

Silvia Balta

I'm using 7.3.1

Yes, this also came to my mind.

sbalta
12-Amethyst

Thanks Keijo Buss, let me check internally.

I'll keep you updated!

sbalta
12-Amethyst

Keijo Buss​, This behavior is reported in Jira with the ID PSPT-3235. We don't have an estimated time for resolution, yet, but we are working on fixing it. Hope that helps!

kbuss
6-Contributor
(To:sbalta)

Silvia Balta

Thank you for the quick response, that helped.

sbalta
12-Amethyst

Keijo Buss​ , could you mark my previous answer as Helpful or hit the Like button, if it was useful for you? This will make it easier for us to track our R&D request. Thanks!

Top Tags