cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Dashboard with js, business logic and services to RDBMS

challa
4-Participant

Dashboard with js, business logic and services to RDBMS

I want to build a dashboard with a small business logic layer underneath and then push the data to Mysql. I know how to do the mash up UI. I got the Mysql configured and able to show the data in grid as well.

I want to know 

- How to link button actions to services with js

- How to build a service layer underneath UI and database

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:challa)

Hi @challa do you mean clicking of button should invoke certain service? Some like this 

03-04-2018 11-25-33.jpg

With this you should be able to invoke required services.

Sorry i'm not really following your 2nd question "How to build a service layer underneath UI and database"

Though you can create services using query handler like SQL Command/ SQL Query i.e. if you are looking to query DB pull certain data and show that in the UI on mashup. These handles are available when you'll create a Thing based of DatabaseThingTemplate

challa
4-Participant
(To:supandey)

what i meant with my second question is that if i want to validate/filter certain fields before sending to database. Can i write that on the js editor and call another service once filtering is done

challa
4-Participant
(To:supandey)

what i meant with my second question is that if i want to validate/filter certain fields before sending to database. Can i write that on the js editor and call another service once filtering is done

supandey
19-Tanzanite

@challa yes you should be able to validate the data I'd recommend looking into Expression Widget  & Validator Widget

Leigh
Community Manager

Hi @challa

Just wanted to follow up to see if Sushant was able to answer your questions.  If so, please indicate his response as an Accepted Solution for the benefit of the rest of the Community.  If not, please let us know your current status.

Thanks!

Leigh

Top Tags