cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dynamic infotable problem.

Radu
15-Moonstone

Dynamic infotable problem.

Hello. I've got an issue.

The problem boils down to one general issue: I've got an infotable with four boolean properties, and each property is assigned to a shape. Based on the value of the property, the specific shape is visible or not. I have connected the infotable properties (some are true, some false) to the shapes, but all the shapes are visible, when in reality, some should be hidden.

I have a thing shape with a service that populates an Infotable property. On my actual thing, when I click the infotable, I can see that one of the infotable values is modified from its default value. But it doesn't display on the mashup.

I have connected the Dynamic Thing Template, and I have connected the GetPropertyValues service, from where I pull the infotable data. But it doesn't connect.

Can anyone help with this regard? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rjanardan
16-Pearl
(To:Radu)

You should probably use an Auto Refresh Widget in the mashup so that the service to retrieve values is called periodically. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

Are you sure you are actually executing this service? I.e. you bound it to your mashup's OnLoad event.

/ Constantine

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:Constantine)

Hello.

Thank you for your response.

When I connected the service, I also made sure to check the "Mashup Loaded?" checkbox, so I don't believe it is that.

Even if the service is disconnected to the property, and I give some values to the infotable property by hand, it still doesn't display the values in the mashup.

rjanardan
16-Pearl

You should probably use an Auto Refresh Widget in the mashup so that the service to retrieve values is called periodically. 

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:rjanardan)

Thank you for your response.

I am currently using the ServiceInvokeCompleted event attached to the GetPropertyValues service to retrieve values once they change -- is that the same thing as having an auto-refresh widget?

Thanks.

rjanardan
16-Pearl

If I understood correctly, you are chaining the ServiceInvokeCompleted event of the service that changes the property value to trigger GetPropertyValues. I believe in this case, you will still need an Auto Refresh widget to update the mashup with the new data retrieved by GetPropertyValues.

Alternatively, you could use GetProperties and check the option Automatically update values when able. In this case Auto Refresh widget is not required. 

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:rjanardan)

Let's leave the refresh part aside for now. The biggest problem for me is that I have an infotable property with 4 boolean values (of which only one is true at a time), and one value should be bound to the visible property of one shape. I did the binding, but all the shapes are visible, when only one should be visible, and I don't understand why.

Top Tags