cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Get User Properties

davidcor
1-Newbie

Get User Properties

Is there a service similar to GetImplementingThingsWithData for Users? I am trying to get a list of users and their property values so that they can be updated through a mashup

4 REPLIES 4
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:davidcor)

Hi David,

Since all Users are added the "Users" Group, you can simply

GetGroupMembers()

, iterate through the InfoTable returned and access each property as follows:

Users["DavidCor"].firstName

Thanks,

Adam

My issue is that I only want to display the users that are in the same organization as the current user. Would this mean I need to create a group for each organization?

I also want to tie the resulting infotable to a list on a mashup so that when a user is selected in a list, their details are presented

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:davidcor)

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. Organizations have a GetMembers() Service which returns an InfoTable of members. I would create a wrapper Service that takes the name of an Organization as an input and returns the result of calling GetMembers() on that Organization. Then, create a Service that takes a username as input (the value obtained by selecting a row in a list) and returns the result of calling GetPropertyValues() on that User.

Top Tags