cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Get data on web app from 2 different things simultaneously

aarushi_mittal2
11-Garnet

Get data on web app from 2 different things simultaneously

Hello ,

I have created 2 things on my locally hosted Thingworx foundation server. There things belongs to 2 different templates.

I want to access data simultaneously using rest api or any other endpoint to my nodeJs web application. I am getting data in an interval of 1 second. Thus I cannot make 2 successive ajax calls to get data individually as huge latency is involved.

Kindly suggest how this can be done.

PS Note : I am able to get data individually for 1 sensor at a time using ajax call to the rest endpoint.

Regards,

Aarushi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

If we're understanding correctly, you could create a service that would wrap the services for the 2 things.  You would need to combine the return from both services in such a way that your application can interpret it, such as an infotable merge.

If this does not answer your question, please provide more information on your use case and the application on the other end, and we will try to suggest a solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

If we're understanding correctly, you could create a service that would wrap the services for the 2 things.  You would need to combine the return from both services in such a way that your application can interpret it, such as an infotable merge.

If this does not answer your question, please provide more information on your use case and the application on the other end, and we will try to suggest a solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

If my previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags