cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Getting error, while using .Net core 3.1 with .Net Sdk 5.8

gvyakaranam
11-Garnet

Getting error, while using .Net core 3.1 with .Net Sdk 5.8

Hi,

I am getting the following error, on running the client program (C# console) target with .NetCore 3.1 and referencing .Net SDK 5.8. I am following SteamSensor  example

Kindly let me know on it's limitation to .Net framework only..? Also guide me to resolve the issue, if supports .Net Core 3.1.

"Unable to find an entry point named 'CopyMemory' in DLL 'kernel32.dll'."

at com.thingworx.communications.common.SecurityClaims.CopyMemory(IntPtr destination, IntPtr source, UInt32 length)
at com.thingworx.communications.common.SecurityClaims.twCopyMemory(IntPtr destination, IntPtr source, UInt32 length)
at Thingworx_RemoteThing.RemoteThingClient.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Main>b__0(IntPtr password, Int32 maxLength) in PoC\Thingworx_RemoteThing\Program.cs:line

2 REPLIES 2
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:gvyakaranam)

Hi @gvyakaranam 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I believe this issue is occurring form .NET side. Can you check below thread.

https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/issues/12496

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Mohit

@mgoel 

It seems modification of the entry point in SecurityClaims.cs (thingworx-dotnet-common.dll) for method twCopyMemory() or any internal static method like mentioned below.

[DllImport("kernel32.dll", EntryPoint = "RtlMoveMemory", SetLastError = false)]
public static extern void CopyMemory(IntPtr dest, IntPtr src, uint count);

Top Tags