Description: We are using Thingworx 8.4.0 and Kepware 8.3.65. We have created and configured remote asset through "PTC.Factory.Console" mashup. These remote assets are connected to local things. Both Thingworx and Kepware are running on diffrent machines. Now we have a requirement where we have to install Thingworx and Kepware (same version) on diffrent machines and deploy all the entities from one Thingworx server to another so we don't have to do the Kepware and Thingworx binding again.
Please suggest what could be the best possible way to achieve the aim.
Thanks for replying! We have followed below steps and it seems to be working. Can you please validate if these steps are correct?
1. Export SourceControlEntites from existing Thingworx server.
2. Goto the folder named with “Things”.
3. Changes will be require in the below type of files.
• Asset_AssetName.xml---->Local Thing of the asset
• Kepware_<Existing_Kepware_IP>_SectionName.DeviceName.xml----->Remote thing of the asset
• ValueStream_Kepware_<Existing_Kepware_IP>_ SectionName.DeviceName.xml
4. Replace existing Kepware server IP to new Kepware server IP into all files mentioned above.
5. Rename last two type of files mentioned above given in below format.
• ValueStream_Kepware_<New_Kepware_IP>_ SectionName.DeviceName.xml
6. Create new OPC thing (Thing which should be connect to Kepware) in new Thingworx server.
7. Export newly created OPC Thing.
8. Replace existing Kepware server IP to new Kepware server IP in OPC thing xml file.
9. Import newly created OPC Thing in new Thingworx server.
10. Import all the source control entities after modifying as mentioned above.
11. Restart the ThingWorx server.
That looks like it should work.
We do always caution people when they change the XML to be careful and properly test.
it really isn't a recommended practice, but i understand the reason for choosing this route.