cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to get the multiple selected rows from Combo box by Check box selection?

Sankarapandian
6-Contributor

How to get the multiple selected rows from Combo box by Check box selection?

Hi,

I want to get the multiple selected rows from Combo box by using Check box multi selection. I bound All Data of Service to Combo box Data & Selected Items. I enabled the Multi select in List widget properties. But I can't able to get the selected rows from Combo box by Check box multiple selection. 

Thanks in Advance,

Sankarapandian.L.S

11 REPLIES 11
Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:Sankarapandian)

Hi.

Enabling the Multi select should be enough. You need to bind the All Data from your service only to the Data property of the list widget. Binding it to the SelectedItems will make all your values selected by default. If you want to get the list of the selected items from your List widget, you already have that option in the service that populates the List, under Returned Data -> Selected Row(s)

Sankarapandian
6-Contributor
(To:Radu)

Thanks for the Response.

In Combo box, When we clicking the Check box for selecting multiple rows or Single row It is not return any rows as selected rows. Multiple check box selection is not working in Combo box.

Radu
15-Moonstone

I just tried binding an infotable to a Combo Box list, enabled Multi Select, then I did the bind of Selected Row(s) of the infotable to a grid. I could see the grid being populated in real time when checking multiple checkboxes. Is this not what your use case is?

Sankarapandian
6-Contributor

Yeah. My use case also same and I did same thing as u have done. Multiple selection is properly working in List, RadiobuttonList views (By Ctrl+Mouse Click) But When I try to get selected rows by check box selection in Combo box view It is not returning any rows. 

Radu
15-Moonstone

What do you use to view the selected rows? I used a grid and it worked.

Sankarapandian
6-Contributor

yeah. I too used Grid to view the Selected rows. Kindly share screenshots of data bindings and Property settings for reference.

Radu
15-Moonstone

Hi.

These are the bindings:

Radu_3-1583418020843.png

These are the properties of the list widget:

Radu_0-1583418067989.png

DisplayField and ValueField are mandatory to set.

Sankarapandian
6-Contributor

I did the same thing but not working. I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

Sankarapandian
6-Contributor

I am using Thingworx 8.4.    Is it working in Thingworx 8.2, 8.3 or below versions?

Kindly let me know any solution for this requirement.

Radu
15-Moonstone

I am also using 8.4. I don't know why this is happening, maybe you should raise a ticket.

Sankarapandian
6-Contributor

I checked in Thingworx 8.2 version Its working Properly (I have attached the screenshot for your reference).  But in Thingworx 8.4 It is not working. 

Top Tags