cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to get the selected menu title

leeejw717
11-Garnet

How to get the selected menu title

Right now, I am working on a Master mashup that has a header at the top and a navigation tab on the left with a few menu buttons that will lead to different mashups when clicked. On my header, I want to have COMPANY NAME | NAME OF THE MENU" so for example, Google | Overview, or Google | Analysis depending on which menu was selected. How do I get the name of the selected menu?

6 REPLIES 6

If you are using a Menu widget it doesn't keeps track of the selected row, the solution:

• Fill the menu with a result of a service  (not a composer Static defined menu, a Data-Driven menu)
  • Bind the result of the previous result to the Menu and to a hidden List widget 

Now Selected Row of the previous service will work as expected and you can use it to get the Name and any other related info that you had set on the Menu Result.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:CarlesColl)

You can also use a Menu widget in 'drive parameter' mode to get it directly from the menu.

Or you can put an invisible text field in the Mashups and bind those back through a parameter or the session

Hi Carles,

I have followed your steps but it doesnt work.  Can you pls explain step by step in detail?

Regards

Harish

ArtiM
4-Participant
(To:hkumar-41)

Can you please help with getting the selected menu. I tried the option provided but it didn't work

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ArtiM)

Can you show please what you did?

ArtiM
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

I have taken two widgets menu and list. I have mapped service called "GetMenuItems" i.e. AllData to both the widget. My menu is data driven. 

My requirement is based on menu selection I need my tree to be dynamic. Also for the same I need selected row of the menu to be passed which am not able to get by using selected rows of the service "GetMenuItems"

Top Tags