cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to pass a multiselected values from a list widget to a service as an input?

Tara_01
4-Participant

How to pass a multiselected values from a list widget to a service as an input?

Hello,

I have displayed a list of values using a list widget and allow the user to select one or multiple values.

This selected values should be passed to a service as an input. 

I can able to pass single value and generate another mashup using Navigate widget.

even if user doing a multi select, only the top row selected is passed as an input.

can any one let me know how to pass the all selected values as an input to a service and generate the mashup up with the number of times based on the selection of the user?

please suggest other than list widget, I can allow the user to multi select and pass the values one by one as an input to a service?

5 REPLIES 5

With List Widget MultiSelect activated and service "Selected Row(s)" should do the "trick".

Tara_01
4-Participant
(To:CarlesColl)

Hello,

I have already activated the multi select option and used selected row option on service.

I can able to fetch one value at a time. I want to pass the selected rows one by one as a input.

can you suggest me any method ?

One by one as input not, all selected rows yes.

But why don't you do it at server side the one by one job?

Tara_01
4-Participant
(To:CarlesColl)

Server side? how will it be possible?

I want to pass the value at the run time by the user selected rows as input.

the user is selecting which row values need to be selected, as an input to the next page.

To be clear, I am giving an option as a list of value to the user. And the user should select which are the values he/she want to see in detail.

once the user do a multi select the i should pass those values as a run time parameter one by one.

consider this as an example of the same scenario, I am listing the employee numbers who belongs to a particular group. And the user can select one or more employee number(multi-select) to see their brief summary as in the new page. so here the employee number is passed as a input to the next mashup(page). The page should load simultaneously based on selection. 

I don't see the problem, you just bind the selected rows to the service / or desired mashup parameter and you can act accordingly.

Top Tags